Two can play that game

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Two can play that game

Post by TobyV »

Hope this isn't too political for here :worried: , but I would hope we could all agree to condemn a certain recent act of "air piracy" and diversion of a passenger airliner under serious false pretences for the ulterior motive of arresting a dissident.

Today, the government of Poland closed its airspace to Belarussian airlines. The Belavia flight to Barcelona this morning turned into a scenic tour of Belarus ;) :

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 9#27d532bb

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23B2869

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Two can play that game

Post by Nigel H-J »

Toby, I do not think it too political at all, in fact I am pleased that other governments as well as the EU and Britain have banned them from flying into our airspaces.
A country which resorts to air piracy in order to capture some-one for just speaking his mind against the present communist leader is nothing short of disgraceful.

A report from the BBC states that the foreign ministry in Minsk called the present ban of that aircraft from flying over Poland as "Virtual Air Piracy"!!! :-O

My answer to that is that the foreign ministry are a bunch of hypocrites!! :rant:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Not political at all Toby. Much as I’m not a fan of Brexit or our current “leaders” (for want of a better word) The upside is we were able to ban them straight away without 2 days of debate. 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I believe that a warrant should be issued by the International Criminal Court against Lukashenko( ? spelling) . It would mean he never could leave Belarus or his cronies in the former Soviet Union