Orbx Region Base Package???

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Orbx Region Base Package???

Post by Aharon »

Okay okay I took advantage of Orbx special 50 percent off sale by buying Orbx PAJN Juneau, Orbx YBCS Cairns, Orbx YMEN Essendon, and Orbx YSCB Canberra.

Good news is that all Aussie airport sceneries mentioned above work well without required region base packages just like my past purchases KACK Nantucket, YMMl Melborne, and ESSA Arlanda sceneries work well without region base packages.

Bad news is that PAJN scenery does not work well without required base package as the scenery shows weird raising runways and ground aprons. So I was forced to cough up extra 20 bucks to buy Orbx Southern Alaska region base package which did great help to make PAJN scenery work very well without any problems meaning my lifelong dream of getting most realistic PAJN airport scenery has finally been fulfilled thanks to 50 percent discount.

Now my question is what interesting features does Southern Alaska region base package offer me in exchange for taking extra 20 bucks out of my wallet?

Thanks for any answer

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Orbx Region Base Package???

Post by Nigel H-J »

Now my question is what interesting features does Southern Alaska region base package offer me in exchange for taking extra 20 bucks out of my wallet?
Hi Aharon, the only help I can give regarding your question is this from ORBX, I never had this scenery when using FSX but presume this is the platform that you are presently using. Hope this helps. BTW, for your information when you can afford it then these 2 regions will fit nicely with Southern Alaska PNW & NRM, I had these for FSX and really enjoyed the scenery that these areas offered.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/sak

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Nigel,

Thanks for answer. I already before making this thread posting checked the features of Southern Alaska Region Base package. It says 270 airports have custom made improvements but I did spot checking on 3 airports and had seen no evidence of that.

Somebody told me that Southern Alaska Region Base package features fantastic and realistic comprehensive PAGY Skagway airport so I have to check it out to see if it is true.

Others told me that the region base package turns lakes and rivers into ice during winter so I hope to see that. Some say the region base package makes mountains look more sharper and realistic looking. Hope it is true.

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Aharon, the only thing I can add is that one of our former members who sadly passed away some years ago had purchased Southern Alaska as he had been there and did say how close it resembled to the areas he had been to.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Nigel H-J wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 15:04
Hi Aharon, the only thing I can add is that one of our former members had purchased Southern Alaska as he had been there and did say how close it resembled to the areas he had been to.
That is impressive and sounds good news for me.

What is the screenname of the former member so that I can use forum search function to look for his past posts containing his comments on the region base package, please?

Regards,

Aharon