A new Boris Force One?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A new Boris Force One?

Post by petermcleland »

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

Most impressive - thanks Peter.
Cheers :cheers:
Dave M(oly)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well I have just spent a whole day installing update 1.18.13.0 and it has broken my Flight Sim,,,I think it has something to do with Xbox…I can with fiddling about get to the main start of Flight Sim but if I file a flight plan it just drops into a big picture in Africa with some Rhinos!…It does not get out of that to start my flight. My Hangar is fine with some extra aeroplanes with floats or skis. Has anybody else got into this disaster?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Peter,

I’ve read that there is a patch being released at some point after 15:00 UTC / 16:00 BST which should address some of these issues. Personally I’ve had a one hour flight in the BN2 since the update and haven’t experienced issues other than the slow loading, but many other have. Hopefully this new patch will get you going again.

It’s also worth checking to see if there are any other Windows or Store updates pending too.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Another patch drops at 16:00 UK time, which hopefully will fix some of the things broke on update 5. Not sure about your problem though Peter. Did you update your content after the main update completed.?
Dale
Edit Ben beat me to it😅
Image Image Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks guys…I will try to catch that patch tomorrow. And yes I did go through the contents and installed 8 items!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dale my problem occurs at the FLY stage after I have set a flight plan and it offers the “FLY”…I click the “FLY” and it puts up a picture with some text at the bottom left talking about the history of a Cessna….This text remains there and there is no more action. The previous version of FS would continue with more text and then put your selected aeroplane at the end of the runway with engine running ready for you to open the throttle and Take-off!

Are you aware of other people having this problem?

BTW I am able to do some flying by selecting a landing task etc and it puts me at some place (not my selected place or my selected aeroplane) and i can wrestle with the task and it gives me some sort of score…I can play with this but not in the cockpit… i have to fly from outside using my throttle and stick to fly…None of the switches and buttons in the cockpit will respond to my mouse pointer, other than changing the colour of a switch or button! Also I can not have the tower radio working as that icon is not available. I get the feeling the changes have been made for XBOX people as they can now use Flight Sim with their XBOX…I also feel that Microsoft Flight Simulator has been wrecked by the creation of a different version for XBOX and inflicting it on PC owners. I am wondering if I can get rid of version 1.18.13.0 and get back version 1.16.2.0. If other PC users are getting 1.18.13.0. Working normally then I might try Uninstalling it all and Reinstalling it, but I would need some expert help to do that correctly!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Peter
I'm not sure why it hangs after you pressing fly. I will do some digging.
Re the mouse. The last update created a new profile to enable the sim to be better controlled with the x box controller You click with the left button, this enables, "lights up", the button and the control is then pressed with the right mouse button. I think one of the ideas is once selected with the left mouse button, you can move away from the control without it becoming unselected. Useful if you are trying to say, turn the heading control and the cockpit's shifting about.
If you prefer the old mouse method go to Options > General Options > Accessibility > Cockpit Interaction System. Change Lock To Legacy. You may need to change your mouse profile in Control Options back to Default, or whatever profile you had it set to before.
Dale
Image Image Image

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

A few seem to be suffering the sim becoming unresponsive after pressing Fly. Seems its related to addon scenery not been updated. (Even stuff bought through the marketplace). Orbx London being one. Try removing any addons and see what happens. (Don't remove anything by Asobo)!! Either Uninstall in Content if bought through the marketplace, or move anything out of your community folder, if not bought through the marketplace. You said you only updated 8 files in Content. I had at least 30 to update. OK most were just liveries. Go to content and check if there is any you missed.
Dale
Image Image Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dale…Yes the 8 were uninstalled so I installed them but there were quite a few updates…My numbers are now Installed {270]…Not installed {0} Update Available {0).