VA aircraft and route information area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Globitz
Comet
Comet

A300 Fleet confusion

Post by Globitz »

Evening all,

Maybe I am cracking up but there seems to be a small issue with the Airbus fleet/flights.
A mate of mine is planning on flying EGKK to LEAL this evening so I thought that I would join him. Planned to fly CNB8401 but it appears there is no aircraft available. It would appear that the flight plan is assigned to type A300 but we only have A30B in our fleet.
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: A300 Fleet confusion

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Andy I wondered why that was also. Perhaps routes were made awaiting a purchase of aircraft that never happened Also the routes were tied to a particular airframe. Don't know why.
I have opened the routes up to any ( we only have 2 ) airframes from Gatwick and Manchester
Took myself to Gatwick and tested I could book a route with ZK All seem ok
Hope you mate hasn't left you behind :lol:
Dale

Edit
I think there is a mismatch between the data on this site and FSA
It looks like CBFS has its routes data as should be flown with A300 ( we dont have any ) instead of A300 b2 200 we have 2 off (IACO code A30B)
The freighter routes are flown with A300f4 200 IACO code is still A30B and is correct with CBFS, which must be why those flights are logged correctly.
Dale
Image Image Image

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Re: A300 Fleet confusion

Post by Globitz »

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the reply mate. Yes I flew anyway but sadly not for the VA on this occasion!

It looks like you are correct and that we have had some changes somewhere that have broken this.Though looking through the Fleet Status pages here we have 21 flights attributed to A300 that we no longer appear to have or maybe never did!

Anyway thanks for the help, at some point in time I shall get around to flying those Gatwick routes.

As an edit to this, I have done a little more digging.
Using the stats page here and filtering May 2006 to June 21 and Displaying for A300 only it would appear that we owned at least one A300_G-BMNC and that G-BMZl was types as A300 too, I assume they got sold on or type changed respectively but the flight type got missed.
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage