Fuel discrepancy in Dc 6

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Fuel discrepancy in Dc 6

Post by Vc Ten »

Noticed this morning that when loading fuel into the Dc6 it was showing on the client 221 kg on board That's strange, as I finished the flight last night with 791 kgs. I go into the aircraft detail page for G-APOM and its still shows 791 kgs But whenever I start the client its lost 570 kg :dunno:
Dale
Image Image Image

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Fuel discrepancy in Dc 6

Post by blanston12 »

Thats weird. I just looked at your flight reports. I have seen the FSA client sometimes reduce the fuel if the previous flight was flown with a lower revenue multiplier, to try to keep the value of the fuel constant, but that is not the case in your situation.

btw, I purchased the PMDG DC-6 but have not installed it yet. I never used a PMDG aircraft so am a bit nervous about it. I have the old JF DC-6 that I have used many times in FSX and P3Dv3,4,5. It works fine but its basic, which is usually fine with me. So leave me one of the DC-6's to fly home.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

To be honest Joe, I’d never bought any of PMDGs stuff before either. I found the download/keycode/activation code thing a bit confusing, but otherwise it worked a treat and must say I’m really impressed, both with the software and the model.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I've not checked the fuel on the last leg yet. Not sure if I can make the next flight before next week. It's gonna take at least 8 hr.
The install procedure is exactly the same as per P3d (I had both the 738 and 744) Both remarkable models. So already had an account, although it look a bit to remember the password. There was an issue the other day with m$ defender picking up a false positive on installation. Seems to have been sorted now.
It will install the ops center, (where you check for updates and download liveries) at the same time. Best just let it do its own thing.
The aircraft is exceptional. Watch the YouTube tutorials, they really help with engine management and the gyro pilot.
The virtual engineer is useful to keep the workload down.
I've found if you set the fuel and payload before pressing go fly, the fuel and weight shows correct in the client (and in the flypad) but if you try to fuel once you are in the cockpit, with the msfs fueller the you can't change the fuel load, but you can change the payload. If you need to add /subtract fuel once on board, use the flypad.
Dale
Image Image Image