Dave Maltby files available at HJG

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Dave Maltby files available at HJG

Post by Aharon »

Tony,

Great to hear from you!!!! I agree with your post!!!

I am pleased to let you know that new download from HJG for the repaint of the year 1965 El Darado (spelling) Braniff livery for BAC 1-11 is extremely crisp sharp enough for close up screenshots. That is great great news.

However, in this superb crisp sharp repaint, it seems that Rolls Royce logos are missing from engine covers. I have seen such RR logos on engine covers in this precise same livery on history books, paintings, drawings, and illustrations BUT I have NOT seen any in photographs possibly due to the fact it is hard for me to see logos in the photos showing the plane from far distance??

So I am contacting official historians of Braniff airline organizations and alumni organizations to ask them if RR logos are supposed to be on engine covers or not for the specific year 1965 livery.

Regards,

Aharon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I visited HJG and downloaded the Comet 4C and 4B.

Copied the contents of the AIRCRAFT folder(s) to FSX/simobjects/airplanes.

When I try to select the aircraft in FSX they are not there!

Any ideas?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Did you install the panel also? it was a separate download.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

He also needs to be sure he has a "DMFS Shared Files" folder inside his Sim Objects folder (I think it is in FSX) and into which both Panels and Sounds are each installed.

The CFG's, inside default Panel and Sound folders accompanying the base pack, are each aliased to the said DMFS Shared Files folder .... so .... if he doesn't have the above recommended configuration then it's likely he'll be confronted with an FSX "No Show" .... by virtue of the fact the simulation can't find the files it needs.

Also .... if he installs the DMFS Comet panel he needs to open the "Replacement Files For FSX" folder (inside the Comet 4 Panel folder) and copy & paste its contents (a single file and an FSX specific PANEL CFG .... from memory) inside the Comet 4 Panel folder and overwrite the FS9 files there by the same name.

I just want to stress that HJG "have not" altered any of DM's recommended installation routine/s ;)

MRC
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Sorted now, thanks guys
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.