IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just read a bit of interesting news for those with VR headsets that Cliffs of Dover is being updated to VR. It is at an early stage yet and be some time before final release but I think that it is going to be a must for me to get back into that sim and enjoy flying the Spitfire and Hurricane again actually flying in the cockpit rather than with Track IR.

Team Fusion who are a collection of programmers doing this in their spare time have really improved Cliffs of Dover to what it was.

Now all I have to do when it is released as VR is try and persuade Babs that I desperately need a new joystick even though I have the Honeycomb I do need a stick rather than a spectacle yoke.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Re: IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover.

Post by PaulC »

I tried cliffs of Dover so many times but just couldn't get on with it, as much as I wanted to.

Paul

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: IL-2 Sturmovick Cliffs of Dover.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, I found it difficult to begin with but was on Team Speak when I came across a chap who went with the name Fatal Error, in real life he was a combat helicopter pilot in the American Army and is very well known by all on ATAG.

He runs the TWC Squadron presently using Discord, he is a brilliant pilot in Cliffs and taught me a lot, the rest of the clan are also great to fly with and spread across the globe so sometimes it is difficult to fly with one group as they are well out of our time zone but I left as my flying coupled to my shooting got really bad and I just lost interest.

With VR now coming to Cliffs I think I will have to have some practice on one of the servers before re-joining them, but only when VR comes into play as I do not have Track IR any more which is really needed to be able to avoid being shot down!! 8)

This is where they hang out if you are interested, some of the chaps do sometimes fly German aircraft but that would be on Battle of Stalingrad which is another IL2 - Sturmovik game and is very popular with TWC and is already in VR but at the moment I need to save up for a decent joystick!! The emphasis with TWC is team work and they take it very seriously!!

https://forums.twcpilots.com/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.