Corona? I don't belieeeeve it!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Corona? I don't belieeeeve it!

Post by Airspeed »

Today's news includes the temporary hold on a couple of social media accounts.
An Australian MP and a Sydney "shock jock" radio host broadcast that you stand more chance of catching and dying from COVID19 if you have been immunised, than if you were not :dunno: :dunno: :wall:

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Corona? I don't belieeeeve it!

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Airspeed wrote:
02 Aug 2021, 13:13
Today's news includes the temporary hold on a couple of social media accounts.
An Australian MP and a Sydney "shock jock" radio host broadcast that you stand more chance of catching and dying from COVID19 if you have been immunised, than if you were not :dunno: :dunno: :wall:
I'd love to hear his theory behind that :-O 8)

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

This whole fiasco has been badly handled since day 1, with misinformation, deliberate lies, falsehoods, and wishful thinking. Nobody has been held accountable and now if you say the wrong thing Big Tech will take you down even when you know it is truth.

I am angry given the fact that almost exactly 2 weeks after my second Pfizer I have come down with Shingles. Now is it coincidental that the incubation period of Shingles is 14 days? I am inclined to think not. But the powers that be would argue that it would probably have happened anyway.

Anyone who has never had it, I can testify it is hellish and unrelenting and I can look forward to 3 - 5 weeks of this burning in the back and waking up every two hours due to the pain. Anyway I am off now to have another cool oatmeal bath the only thing which gives about 1-2 hours of relief. :'( :'( :'( :'(
Alex

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Alex, I can sympathise with you, I have had bouts of very small infections luckily since the age of 7, but the last one did cause more pain than usual, for me that is, in that as the nerve endings were attacked & died it was painful. Attacks when we lived in france were due to the french greeting of bisous on each cheek & if questioned had their granchildren got chicken pox - the answer usually was yes! However I was prescribed by my french doctor Aciclovir cream which helped a lot. I believe in UK it can be obtained without a prescription. Good luck.
Keith

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Thanks for that info! I called my doctor last Thursday to be told that the Dr. will call me back this coming Tuesday. So no examination on the horizon, just self diagnosis and medication it would seem. COVID being the excuse. Canadian Health System is just wonderful.
Alex

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

The conduct of the Oz media has been nothing short of disgraceful. They seem to be in a race to the bottom against the UK tabloids - any smear or falsehood will do, if it might sell another paper, or, as is probably the case at this time of year, scrape up some ratings points.

As for Shingles, having some friends who have suffered with it, I would not wish that on anyone. I keep getting letters from the Australian Immunisation Register, a federal gov't agency. These are not polite letters They take me to task for not accepting the Shingles vaccine, which is available free to over-70s.
As far as I know, you get shingles when the chicken pox virus you had as a child reactivates. I don't remember having chicken pox, although I do remember having measles. My older siblings and senior members of the extended family do not remember me having chicken pox. So why would I need a shingles jab? I asked my GP, and she says it is a weakened form of the chicken pox virus. Nobody seems to know if that virus can reactivate and cause shingles.
Over the years, I have been vaccinated against all sorts of things - polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, TB, Smallpox, Q-Fever and tetanus. Not 'flu, because since the Asian Flu epidemic in the 1950s, I have only had proper influenza a couple of times. Even heavy colds are a rare event.
The mindset here seems to be that vaccines are good (I agree with that), so more vaccines must be better. No way I would agree with that.