Why the price Difference?

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Why the price Difference?

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have Bitdefender Antivirus on my computer as well as Babs laptop and have had this antivirus + firewall for 2 years now and very happy with it. However today I had a pop up form Bitdefender Renew today and save 50%. So I can renew my Internet Security for just £29.99 instead of the usual price of £49.99. Not bad, not bad at all until I went on Bitdefender Web Site then find that the prices are very different.

Take a look at the Internet Security of which I have presently going for even a cheaper amount at £20 £9 less than they are offering me!! :doh: Still, no renewal but will just buy the £20 version which is the same as I already have.
https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/

No different to insurance companies who offer mouth watering cover for first time buyers as apposed to regular customers who, like moi, have never once put a claim in for house insurance over the past 40+ years yet the cover has risen two fold annually. BTW, we no longer stay more than 2 years with the same company if they increase our cover over a set amount.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Why the price Difference?

Post by Vancouver »

Interesting re the Home Ins. We have been with our current provider for just over 16 years. In that time we have made 2 claims both times re floods. They were superb in their response beach time in attending to the immediate claim, arranging a restoration company, and then the subsequent repairs and a check (sorry sp?) for damaged furniture. Rates went up significantly for 2 years following each claim but since come down to pre flood rates (+ inflation).
This year our broker asked, "can I do a credit check on you, I may be able to get a discount if your report is good" Why on Earth that should matter is a mystery to me but anyway they reduced the annual fee by $200 which was nice. So in summary not all all Insurance companies are cut throat rogues. :thumbsup:

Last week we came home to a burst pipe but the damage was minimal (i.e. about $500) so I will fix it myself. SWMBO said I needed a project. :dunno:
Alex