MSFS WU6

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS WU6

Post by TSR2 »

Doesn’t seem huge this time guys.

500Mb update from the MS Store, followed by a 2Gb mandatory update… then, when your in the sim, 4Gb WU6 update, and about another 4Gb or so in the content manager if you want those updates.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: MSFS WU6

Post by Vc Ten »

All went swimmingly well for a change. Downloads were really quick. Nothing seems to be broken (yet). FBW bus and DC 6 look to have survived patch free. I've not tested the Dc6 yet, but forum members say frame rates are still down on pre Update 5. Can't say I've suffered really from that.
En route to Glasgow in 320 neo at the moment
Dale
Image Image Image

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Well so far so bad for me.

Launch MSFS it tells me there is a mandatory update and sends me to the store.
Click for updates and non shown, it says all apps are up to date!

:dunno: Any ideas anyone?

Geoff

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Geoff,

Are your Windows updates on the PC all up to date?

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

You need to launch flight sim from the store. It "should" start the initial update from there, and launch the sim, where you can install the main update. Once that's complete it takes you to the welcome page. Go to marketplace and install the new free world update. Finally go to content and update the files where required.
Dale
Image Image Image

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

TSR2 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 07:39
Hi Geoff,

Are your Windows updates on the PC all up to date?
Yes, as far as I know, Nothing waiting.

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

Vc Ten wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:58
You need to launch flight sim from the store. It "should" start the initial update from there, and launch the sim, where you can install the main update. Once that's complete it takes you to the welcome page. Go to marketplace and install the new free world update. Finally go to content and update the files where required.
Dale
Tried that Dale. launched it from the store, It started and then said there is a mandatory update which has to be done from the store. It then closes the sim and opens the store. I go to downloads and updates, click on Get updates and it tells me all games and apps are up to date! :wall:

Geoff

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

I had the same problems Geoff and was being given the run around.

Got round it by using the "Type here to search" bottom left of task bar. Typed Store - open-downloads and updates. Select your Flight Simulator /downmload update and take it from there.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Geoff…
I think this is because there is a Windows Store component called “gaming services” which needs to be updated first. It may not be showing in your Windows store.

The trick seems to be to go to Windows store, go to your account in the top right (I think) and log out from your account. (Within the Windows store)

Restart the pc and open Windows store again. If the Windows store is not already logged in with your account, log back in.

Then check for updates and hopefully you’ll see the missing updates.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Must admit I was a bit confused as the store didn't show any updates I think I went to Downloads and updates page and clicked on Get updates. The download started and all was fine
Dale
Edit I think Graham has it
Image Image Image