Cargo routes for A30B

VA Crew Room and general forum area.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Cargo routes for A30B

Post by Vc Ten »

I'm in the process of creating a few more "profitable" routes for the a30b freighter.
One of the problems is that generic cargo rates are half what they once were. Joe recons that real world revenue, weight for weight is only half that of pax, and has adjusted FSA accordingly.
Packages is the way to go, but the method of distribution is vague to me. All I know is that there ain't many at Stansted where one of our aircraft is based.
Ive created routes out of Manchester, which is seen as a major hub, and hence plenty of packages are available. Likewise the existing destinations out of egss are poorly served package wise, so I am making routes to main hubs to give a full return flight. There is an alternative in so much as we can have a warehouse attached to our maintenance centre (I think we have a center at Stansted? ), which can then be used as a feeder to the other hubs. (some airline do this).
I've created routes to KJFK and KBOS, bit marginal on MZFW, but don't load to that, and it will get you there fine.
I will create some East going routes out of Heathrow.
Dale
Last edited by Vc Ten on 17 Sep 2021, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Cargo routes for A30B

Post by cstorey »

Far and away the greatest volume of freight goes through East Midlands where it is more or less a round the clock operation

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I don't doubt that's true in the real world, but in our VA the availability of cargo, I think it is loosely based on the frequency the airport is used in the virtual world
Dale
Image Image Image

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

I might need a bit of instruction on how this package thing works

Confused of Iver *-)