MSFS in sim map

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS in sim map

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

In MSFS the in sim map is, for want of a better expression, shit. It wasn't great in FSX or P3D, but at least you could click on Airports, NDB's, etc and get their frequencies and such like.

My question is, what are others doing? Are you just putting up with it or are you using a third party addon, and if so which one?

I don't have a second monitor, but I do have a laptop or ipad that i could probably use, but I'd rather be able to call an accurate and useable in sim map if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: MSFS in sim map

Post by DaveG »

Little nav map.
https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html
Superb piece of freeware. Can connect via a network if you wish to fun it on a second PC / laptop.
Dave G.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I use Navigraph charts. You can create a route directly or have it import a preloaded route from Sim Brief. I use it either way. It runs through sim connect so it shows your current position. You can get all the information you need from it, frequencies charts etc I use it on an android tablet. It can be used within Msfs In game panel Downside it's not free, it's not particularly cheap, but I've not found anything out there that comes close.
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Thanks lads. Think I’ll look at little navmap in the first instance as I’m broke this month. Both look good tbh.
:thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

I use Plan-G https://www.tasoftware.co.uk/ which is OK and donationware

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Another vote for Littlenavmap . You can draft your flight plan on it and then load it directly into your FMS, and the map which is real world based is quite superb with every navaid you can imagine clearly shown . It is worth downloading the separate manual

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Another vote for Littlenavmap . You can draft your flight plan on it and then load it directly into your FMS, and the map which is real world based is quite superb with every navaid you can imagine clearly shown . It is worth downloading the separate manual
Even though I do not run MS2020 I can also vouch for Littlnavmap. Have run it in FSX and now in X-Plane, would not be without it now.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.