Nice MSFS Duxford

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Nice MSFS Duxford

Post by TSR2 »

No, not at all. The online play would get disconnected and the live weather would be interrupted, but it should continue to work. I have created a local cache of areas I usually fly in, in addition to the rolling cache. This means those areas are stored on my PC indefinitely This can be an issue when they get updated, but I haven't had a problem yet.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

First off, I'd talk to your internet provider. My internet comes in over the phone line (like most folk in the UK, I'd guess) and I've never had problems like that.

But as far as MS2020 goes when the Internet goes you lose streamed stuff like on-line speech generation for ATC (no a big deal as the ATC's no better than FSX) and the sim defaults to locally generated text-to-speech, on-line viewing of other players in the sim, live weather, and the quality of scenery will degrade (although even this can be chached off line if you regularly fly in one area). Apart from that the occasional outage should cause you no bother. You do need a decent connection during hte updates though, since they are regular and large!

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

My Internet regularly drops out Nigel. Usually for half a min or so. I've had BT out to it but they find nothing wrong. They changed the master socket last time, but they seem reluctant to go up the pole across the road. I feel the drop outs are worse when it's windy. I sometimes have a ping monitor running on the tablet while I'm flying, but of couse it never gives a problem then.
As John and Ben says it's no problem. Sometimes it drops the online setting off on the sim, but you can reconnect on the fly. Just go into options and switch back on and return to your flight.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks for your replies, that is a big problem sorted as thought any interruption would spoil flying.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Version 2 of Duxford is out, in case anyone missed it:

https://flightsim.to/file/28581/egsu-du ... te-edition

From what it says, more buildings have been added, and the row of Spitfires and Hurricanes on the grass at the eastern end has gone, because they were only supposed to be in the air show version. Some parking spots have been added at the Fighter Collection hangar, and I think the Trislander model has been given a polish. There are now boarding stairs for the DAS airliners. The Mulberry harbour section up at the Land Warfare Hall is still missing, but that's a very minor thing - not even a gripe.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Thanks Paul That a job for tomorrow then :thumbsup:
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Vc Ten wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 22:06
Thanks Paul That a job for tomorrow then :thumbsup:
Dale
Yes, best to keep busy, Dale. :agree:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Version 3 is out. The Mulberry Harbour section up by the Land Warfare Hall is now modelled.

https://flightsim.to/file/28581/egsu-du ... te-edition

Video showing the latest update's features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W6PTM7St9Q