FS2020 Google Maps MOD for the entire world

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

FS2020 Google Maps MOD for the entire world

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi chaps, came across this video when looking for something completely different from flight simulators and thought that those who have MS2020 might be interested where you can choose which mapping you want either stay with Bing or go with Google at no extra cost apparently.

Obviously I will not be buying MS2020 as having spent a small fortune on add-ons for X Plane 11 and will be going for X-Plane 12 version when it comes out sometime in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E11XsrBdzcg

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FS2020 Google Maps MOD for the entire world

Post by Vc Ten »

Been knocking around for a while now Nigel. But since appearing on flightsim.to, interest seems to increased. Dont think MS will let their major mapping competitor getting a foothold on their product and will probably shut it down either through the EULA or code it out.
Not interested myself, the default mapping is more than acceptable for me. There quite a few posts on forums. Basically there's no such thing as a free lunch. While Google mapping quality appears improved, loading time's are longer, texture loads in visible blocks, you can't use the scenery cache, as it gets overwritten with bing data, fps lower etc. While the sim is improving all the time it doesn't take much to cause ctd, and I would think a mod like this won't improve things.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: FS2020 Google Maps MOD for the entire world

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks for the info Dale, was not aware that it has been out for a while. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.