VR V Track IR

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

VR V Track IR

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have been pleased with my dip into VR not only in flying but also car racing and Dirt Rally 2 however, there sadly are things that do bug me with VR.

One is the performance in X-Plane 11 which depends on settings, obviously the lower settings are applied gives greater performance however, I do like to have as much scenery as possible and have experimented continuously until getting a balance however as with some aircraft when flying, I do not get the visuals along with reasonable FPS. Flying certain aircraft I can get up to 35fps with full scenery and clouds but with others such as tubeliners, I have to scale back the graphic settings so I have now decided to purchase TrackIR 5 which will serve me nicely flying full graphic settings with my 727 Rotate MD80 plus many more that would otherwise require lower settings to fly with 25+fps.

My car racing and rallying will still be done in VR as find it extremely realistic and have no issues with graphics or performance.

I suppose it all comes down to what you feel happy with, certainly the experience of actually being in the cockpit is completely different to looking at the screen and is a real joy to be sat in the cockpit especially in light aircraft flying around at 2,000ft admiring the scenery but I am also rather looking forward to taking a step backwards (so to speak) in order to enjoy better visuals and watch other aircraft flying and taxying past me with Just Flight Global in VR surprisingly there is not one single frame drop but will get to see them much better from the screen rather than wearing the goggles!! :lol:

Only disappointment was that I could only get the head tracker that sits on top of ones head rather than the although flimsy, side tracker that sits close to the ear!! 8)

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.