P3D

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

P3D

Post by Scorpius »

A new update for P3D to take it up to 5.3.

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcem ... 12/120925/

That's the weekend sorted out then.

Nev

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: P3D

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Nev,
You're happy with P3D, or just not willing to plunge into MS, and start all over again? *-) OR, maybe you have both?

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Hi Mike,

I actually have P3D, X-Plane and MSFS. Don't like the front end to MSFS and never got on with keyboard/controller setups so most of the time it's P3D, or X-Plane which is closest to the real thing as far as flying characteristics go.

If you want real brit stuff then FS9 still wins! :excited:

Nev

ajb
Comet
Comet

Post by ajb »

As I'm running P3D v5.2 I thought an upgrade to the latest version would be good. Got that wrong!! :(( It seemed to trash my ORBX scenery so I decided to fix the problem and in the process made things a whole lot worse. Shame really as I like P3D and don't really fancy going through the traumas of learning MSFS.

Anyway in the end I decided to uninstall P3D and install version v5.3 as a clean installation. I added a couple of sceneries that I normally use, which are now fine, but I've hit problems that I cannot resolve so any suggestions would be most welcome. The most important is that I cannot get my Go-Flight GF45 box working even though all the software is there and it seems to think that it's OK. Also my Logitech multipanel is not being recognised at all. Both still work fine in FSX but I wonder if there is any script that I need to change to get them both working?

I also think that the visuals are a little more blurry than I was used to in v5.2.It might just be me but with so many graphical settings in P3D now, have I missed something?

As I said, if anyone has any ideas then I would be very grateful.

Andy
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core 4.2GHz
AsusTeK Prime B450M-A Motherboard
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4Gb
3x 250Gb SSD + 1x 1Tb HDD

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I applied the update over the weekend. The info I read is you need to do a reinstall of the scenery and content so I did a full un-install and re-install. I installed the latest beta of ActiveSky and all my orbx files are in external libraries already so they were not affected. There really was no problem at all and everything seams to work.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.