F1 Saudi Arabia

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

F1 Saudi Arabia

Post by Nigel H-J »

Did any-one watch the race either all of it or on You Tube for the highlights 7mins?

This season is becoming so much more interesting though I only watch the highlights rather than the full race but it is all on for a brilliant showdown next week. Verstappen and Hamilton now neck to neck in points though I do tend to think that the pressure is getting to Max as his driving is at times questionable, that is not to say that Hamilton is blame free but not as much as Max.

Just hope the final race next week is without incident.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Re: F1 Saudi Arabia

Post by Molyned »

Yes, I watched it - great race, 'orrible track - no soul!
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Agree, think the track is incredibly 'orrible!! :wall:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AllanL »

I watched the Channel 4 edited highlights. I used to like DC, but of late his blinkered view on any Red Bull transgression is getting on my funbags.

Track design definitely seems to need addressing with the F1 and F2 carnage that ensued yesterday.

To suggest that Max was questionable in his tactics strikes me as akin to suggesting that his father has relationship issues or Genghis Khan had temper issues. :lol:

Horner and Marko have always had a one-sided view of interpreting the rule book, but this year have risen to new heights. It must be easy for ATC to know who is on board when the Red Bull Exec jet taxies into an airport. When the engines spool down, if H&M are on board you'll still hear the whining.

I did think that a wall-lined track might encourage Max to stick to track limits in fighting for position, but he still managed to find the one bit where sailing over kerbs or pushing your competitor half way to Khartoum to keep your place was possible. He has been in F1 for 7 years, he should have grown out of the Wacky Racers approach by now.

He obviously has talent to spare as a driver and should be a champion one day even if he decides to stick within track limits for a change. I don't think having role models in Horner, Marko and his wife-battering (suspended sentence, other alleged assault/attempted murder offences are available) father have helped him to mature. None of them strike me as being much of an advert for drinking the fizzy stuff they promote.

Next year we will see a new generation of cars that are supposed to make overtaking easier without DRS assistance. Mind you we have heard that about the last 2 or 3 sets of rule changes to little effect. Sticking walls at every corner may encourage drivers to stay on the track.

I fear the next GP will bear more similarity to the 1990 Japanese GP, but we live in hope.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I watched the channel 4 highlights & was surprised that there were no collisions until Young Shoemacher slid into the wall.......the subsequent events showed up the bad design of having the walls too close to the track & having virtually no safety zone - but having said that they have raced for donkeys years around Monaco, & Brooklands wasnt any safer....
Max played his 'let him pass' instruction very cunningly & made it almost impossible for Lewis to get by cleanly....reminds me of the elder Shoemacher / Damon Hill episodes!
Hope the next race is clean & exiting ...
Keith

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I thought Max was robbed tbh. And Hamilton got away with falling way behind on the parade lap for the second start (he's supposed to stay within 10 car lengths. Its seems that Hamilton can do no wrong. I don't think Charlie Whiting would have put up with any of this carry on.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I could not agree with you more TSR . Although Verstappen is by no means fault free, Hamilton is becoming more and more like Schumacher, and one day someone will be killed by such antics