Virtavia's Hampden for X-Plane 11

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Virtavia's Hampden for X-Plane 11

Post by Paul K »

Just noticed this at the X-Plane.org store. The VC has had a lot of work done on it since FSX, and is a huge improvement. The external model looks about the same, I think, with those silly prop spinners. The price tag is a little high, but if I was going to stick with XP, I would give it some consideration.

Nigel H-J , right up your street I would have thought. Make sure you have a look at the extra screenshots. :)

https://store.x-plane.org/Virtavia-Hand ... _1526.html

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Virtavia's Hampden for X-Plane 11

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul and very many thanks for the HU. Must say it looks extremely good!!

Cockpit seems to be very well done although I have never seen the cockpit layout of a Hampton before.

Have spent a lot in the way of aircraft just lately and with X-Plane 12 coming out some-time next year I'm afraid I will hold off for the time being on buying anything new.

Laminar have stated that X-plane 12 with be backward compatible but really want to wait and be sure it is! :worried:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel H-J wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 13:41
Cockpit seems to be very well done although I have never seen the cockpit layout of a Hampton before.
Here's a picture of the old FSX/P3D VC which was about average for Virtavia, as you can see. The Hampden exterior model was pretty good, and deserved a much better VC right from the start, so well done to all involved with the new one. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just looking at the new VC below, I'm wondering if Mike at Flight Replicas had something to do with it. *-)

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

The updated VC looks stunning, as does the external view of the cockpit/nose. The prop spinner looks odd, but looking at images online it didn't go back as far as to shroud the base of the blades.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

I saw this too, although like Nigel, I'm waiting for XP12 now.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Kevin Farnell wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 16:45
The prop spinner looks odd, but looking at images online it didn't go back as far as to shroud the base of the blades.
I've had a look at some photos, and you're absolutely right - they don't extend as far back as you would expect them too.