Chester & Wrexham Charity Heritage Bus Running Day

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Chester & Wrexham Charity Heritage Bus Running Day

Post by FlyTexas »

Nigel H-J wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 13:06
Always liked it when the bus conductor was busy taking fares that I could on some occasions ring the bell for the bus to stop, as I remember the conductors pressed one to stop, two to go and three not to stop and boy, the faces of the waiting passengers at the stop was a sight to behold as the bus just continued on its journey, better than watching On the Buses with Reg Varney!! :lol:

Again, thanks for the memories Dale.

Regards
Nigel.
Naughty boy! :-O :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Chester & Wrexham Charity Heritage Bus Running Day

Post by Vc Ten »

Never had the opportunity to ride a trolley bus. My earliest recollections were a tram, which must have been Colwyn Bay (mum had relations there) Bearing in mind they stopped running in 56, I was very young.
Loved the busses in Chester. Sometimes getting one to school if you were so inclined or just riding for the fun of it. 2d would take you to the end of the stage, when you could walk a mile or so home. Probably only 9 or 10 at the time. How times have changed. The main Crosville bus stops in the city were just up the street where we lived. As they came in from the coast they would turn down Castle street (little narrow street with virtually no pavement. Google it if you want it's not changed) and into Bridge Street. If you were walking past, you got the full benefit of the exhaust pumping over you. Still smell it now. Happy carefree times.
Love the guy in the Herald, Kevin. Stuck in between that lot. How did the overhead cables connect at junctions without shorting out? Looks well complicated. No wonder they had to keep pushing it back on with the pole.
Dale
Image Image Image