Just Flight's Arrow III & III Turbo/IV thoughts ?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Just Flight's Arrow III & III Turbo/IV thoughts ?

Post by Paul K »

Wasn't sure in which forum to put this; more a payware enquiry than a heads-up. Since installing MSFS just before Christmas, I've been looking at JF's Piper Arrow III packages and I wondered if anyone here has either or both. Both of them have received stellar reviews, one reviewer declaring they are the best add-ons JF has ever released.

Not sure whether to buy the III or the turbo package, though. The turbo III and IVs are more capable in terms of speed and altitude, but I rather like the normally aspirated III, as it would be closer to what I could afford to own in real life. Any III owners here who wish they had gone with the turbo III and IV ?

:cheers:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Just Flight's Arrow III & III Turbo/IV thoughts ?

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Paul, I have the JF PA 28 Archer 111 and love it!! It is a great little aircraft to fly with a cruise speed around 90kts. In VFR flights it is brilliant to take in the scenery at around 1000ft. I do a lot of cross country flying in it and use the Littlenavmap to navigate as have True Earth Orbx Scenery.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel, I assume that's in X-Plane, yes ? Sounds very good, and the Archer is close to the Arrow, but knowing XP's superior flight dynamics, you're probably getting something better than I will in MSFS. :lol:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel, I assume that's in X-Plane, yes ? Sounds very good, and the Archer is close to the Arrow, but knowing XP's superior flight dynamics, you're probably getting something better than I will in MSFS. :lol:
Oooops, sorry Paul my brain had a slight misfire :help: did not read your query properly but yes the Archer is close to the Arrow and I do fly it in X-Plane 11 and it is very very good.

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

All info is good info, when it comes to flight sim add-ons, Nigel! :thumbsup:

I'm now looking at Just Flight's Piper Warrior II as well as their various Arrows. My favourite P3D GA aircraft was A2A's Piper Cherokee, and this Warrior is the closest relation available in MSFS. However, reading through Avsim, all of JF's range of Piper aircraft are held in equally high regard, and it's difficult trying to settle on one or the other. A nice dilemna, though. :lol:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just a thought Paul, have you uninstalled X-Plane 11? Only asking as if not you could download Just Flight Demos which might help you decide or alternatively if you have then just install the X-Plane 11 Demo Version then try those aircraft out in it. I know that X-Plane aircraft will respond/fly differently in other sims but doubt whether that will/should have a bearing on your decision of which one to have!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Blimey, Nigel, that's a good idea! I haven't installed XP11on my new computer yet, but will now do so.

Good thinking, mate! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Nigel, just to let you know, I went with the JF Arrow III. Having just sat on the ground in it, reading the manual and looking round the VC, I'm very impressed with it already. You also get discount codes for the Turbo III/IV package, and their Piper Warrior II, so no doubt they'll be added to the collection in due course. Anyway, so far, I reckon the Arrow III well deserves the accolades it's been receiving. Well done to all the folks at JF :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Brilliant Paul, looks like you may need to purchase/build a new hanger to store them all in!! :lol:

Hope you get many hours of enjoyment flying them. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Got whole set in MSFS and love them.

Regards
Rick