New Addition.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

New Addition.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just could not resist pressing the Buy Now Button!! (with the wife's consent of course) :lol: V3 proFlyJSim-B732.

Since having the B727 and really enjoying flying it have always wanted the B732 (because it is an old and classic aircraft with an equally old and classic auto-pilot) after one flight I was not let down by it and found it handles beautifully, !! Though forgot about the smaller engines and was getting a bit concerned when found the end of the runway at Southampton coming at me, :-O next time will lower the AUW!!

Love the Auto-Pilot

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: New Addition.

Post by Vc Ten »

Looks good Nigel, although Ben will say otherwise :lol:
I can't wait for the 73 from Pmdg
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Dale
Thanks Dale, just wonder if Bens' opinion of the B737's might have changed if the aircraft was a British design and build? :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

What a fine looking aeroplane, and held in high regard hereabouts.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Sorry Ben but could not resist posting this one unfortunately not the BAC 111 but the B732 :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Good shot Nigel :thumbsup: My best mate's brother worked for Dan Dare in Cambridge :lol:
Any thoughts of flying her in our VA?
Dale
Edit : He worked for Marshals of Cambridge, before going to Dan Air. That was at Gatwick. He moved to live in Reading *-)
Last edited by Vc Ten on 25 Jan 2022, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Nigel H-J wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 15:23
Dale
Thanks Dale, just wonder if Bens' opinion of the B737's might have changed if the aircraft was a British design and build? :dunno:

Regards
Nigel.
Nope its still pig ugly. Next. :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nope its still pig ugly. Next. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:
Good shot Nigel :thumbsup: My best mate's brother worked for Dan Dare in Cambridge :lol:
Any thoughts of flying her in our VA?
Dale
Edit : He worked for Marshals of Cambridge, before going to Dan Air. That was at Gatwick. He moved to live in Reading *-)
Hi Dale, :hello: it was some time ago that I flew VA here in FSX and really enjoyed the choice of aircraft back then as well as destinations however, although I only fly UK where I have ORBX True Earth in X-Plane 11 I am only able to grab an hour here and there, I think I have to sadly turn down your invitation for now.

Many thanks.

Regards
Nigel.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nigel , looks good . I missed her as she was only chartered in for 1 year 89-90 . By then I'd left Cale/B.Airtours and gone back to mainline LHR on 737-300s.
Did fly G-DDDV chartered in from Air Europe . Both had original A/P and Flight director systems [ APFDS ] , unlike the 73 ADVs [ advanced variants ] which in Ba parlance were Super 737-236s with an all singing and dancing flight system .

TW/DV s APFDS featured a Sperry ' Flying banana ' Flight Director [FD] which worked very well much nicer than the cross wire we'd been used to .
However it was only really set up for Capts' [ P1] flying .
F/O flying had much less capability ; but worked very well .
The engage/disengage paddles showed who was flying . You used the on on your side ie. L or R. Only both for any low level auto ILSs.
Not sure if the model does it , but they should be down [as 'foto ] is off , Fully up [ engage ] is Command mode where level off , heading , VOR/ ILS tracking can be used form P1 side only .
1/2 way between the 2 should be CWS ..Control Wheel Steering .. F/O had that , worked well ... Used the stick [ control wheel ] to fly the a/c attitude ..bank , pitch . So in a climb , climb power set [ manually , no auto throttle ] pitch adjusted through CWS to give the climb speed you wanted ... 300-320 kts 'ish .
As you neared cruise alt , level attitude selected with CWS , power reduced to Crz. Then Height lock engaged .. Heading by bank adjusting using CWS to give heading you wanted to maintain track .
Descent , disengage Ht. lock , reduce power to idle , pitch down to give the speed you want [ 300-320 kts , normally but up to 367 max ] using CWS.
Level off reduce pitch attitude , power up , level out , Ht lock on .

All Ba fleet had PW JT8d-15s or 15As . So more power than earlier engines . But S'oton was very short for us in those days , you'd have needed F40 min speed , max reverse and as you say less than Max auw. Much better div. was G/A from LGW 26 , clb, hang a bit left , close throttles and descend straight in to Bournmouth 26.

rgds dave f.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

PS . Ben , she's always been a 'FLUF' , amongst other names ....

' Fat Little Ugly 'Fing ' .

But I liked her , learned more in first yr on 73s than previous 12 on Tridents .

rgds dave f.