Windows 11 Installed.

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Windows 11 Installed.

Post by Vancouver »

I didn't like it last Sept and took it off by reverting to w10, in doing so it wiped a MyBook external connected drive. Curses! That had a ton of saved data on it. Foolish me.

Anyway inspired by recent talk I reinstalled W11 yesterday, and it seems to be running very nicely. Install was quick and painless, everything seems compatible. FS2004, FSXSE, Il2 1946, Il2 Great Battles, DCS, Falcon 4 BMS all running. Even old sim Razorworks works. Non Flight sim Hearts of Iron too. MS Office 2007 (really old Endeavour version).

I like it. :cheers:
Alex

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I went from an old PC with Windows 7 to this new one with Windows 11, and I must say I do like it. No bugs or cause for complaint yet. :)

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I never heard back from my tech bloke, so ran the update last night.
Seems OK so far.
My only problem is that my Open Office (Apache) spreadsheets didn't like moving from W7 to W10; they're either blank or it thinks they are text files and gives blocks of ####### :wall:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The format changed for open office from what i remember some years back. If you download and reinstall the current version of open office it should sort that for you.

If not, find one of the files, right click, go to properties, you should see “Opens With” and change it to whatever the Open Office word processor is called 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Ben,
Unfortunately, it does exactly the same.
It even labels the file as .ods, which is a spreadsheet, but opens it as an Office Writer text document :(