Conservation rules ?

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Conservation rules ?

Post by Airspeed »

Recently, an e-bay seller refused to ship a WWII instrument out of the UK to me in Australia.
I respect his choice in keeping history local.

I recently read an article which left me shaking my head in almost disbelief.
A DH Mosquito was exported from New Zealand to the USA....
"...which quickly drew the ire of the NZ government, which blocked further Mosquito exports.
.......NZ2328 was eventually acquired by Jas Clark of Oamaru. The wings of the aircraft were sawn off and burnt, and the fuselage towed behind a tractor from Woodbourne to Clark's farm at Maheno near Oamaru (a distance of 570Km / 354 miles). The derelict fuselage, fin, rudder and propellors were eventually acquired by the Ferrymead Aeronautical Society (FAS) in 1972......."

Banning the export obviously was only half of what they should have done.
FURTHERMORE:
Rather like the Australian government giving billions to industry to help them through Covid lockdowns, but not specifying that if their turnover and profitability were unaffected, or actually improved, then the grants should be repaid. Several big outfits did well during lockdown, and taxpayer money was simply pocketed. (And I'll bet it was tax free because it wasn't "income".
If an individual receives government support, and their circumstances change for the better, Centrelink comes knocking, demanding a refund :rant: :rant: