DHC Dash-7 for MSFS

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

DHC Dash-7 for MSFS

Post by Paul K »

:Dance: A collaboration between PILOTS and Simworks Studios. WIP pictures taken from their respective Facebook pages. I hope they make a good job of it.

https://www.facebook.com/pilotsgesmbh

https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios/

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: DHC Dash-7 for MSFS

Post by TSR2 »

Looks great! Thanks for the HU Paul, I don’t use social media so Miss this type of thing. 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Cheers Ben. I'll post more pictures as and when they come up.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

A little bit more about it from FSElite:

https://fselite.net/content/simworks-st ... -for-msfs/

I've just realized that Simworks Studios is the developer of the Kodiak 100. I haven't got that aircraft, but it's been highly praised on Youtube and the various forums. If the Dash 7 is up to the same standard, it's going to be bloomin wonderful! :)

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The latest news from SWS' Facebook page:

" Now to something you have been asking us for constantly - the Dash 7! The exterior is complete and fully animated. At this point in time we are refitting the liveries on the aircraft, as we had to do some corrections to the fuselage. The cockpit is modelled and in the process of being textured and animated. This is an arduous task as there are hundreds of moving parts in there and for some of them we have to wait for texturing to be finished before animating them -instrument needles, for example. Good progress is being made on that front though, and we should see the end of it soon. Here are some preview screenshots of the cockpit, please note that these were literally taken while working on it, not posed beauty shots -definitely not indicative of the final product!
The flight model handles well, and we are working on the lower-end of the performance at this time. Systems coding is complete and final checks will take place once the cockpit 100% complete and in the game. Regarding the depth of the aircraft, the PILOT'S Dash 7 is being built to appeal to both new and experienced simmers. The aim is to have a level of system complexity that will not be overwhelming, yet accurate and feature-rich. Aircraft systems will allow virtual pilots to perform all the relevant flight and navigational tasks that are needed on their routes, without burying functionality down to a circuit breaker level. "

:Dance:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The latest news from SWS' FB page, if anyone's interested:

" Next, our full attention is focused on the Dash 7 in cooperation with PILOT'S GesmbH. The exterior model is undergoing decal placement, so we are placing rivets, panel lines and de-ice boots. After that, the aircraft will be ready to receive its last coating of dirt and grime over the detail, which will complete the exterior textures. The liveries are awaiting their “use marks” but other than that they are done, and some screenshots can be seen here. The liveries included will be British Antarctic Survey, Air Greenland, Brymon, Berjaya Air, Tyrolean and Continental. The cockpit is undergoing decal placement. Right now, all the flight instruments are marked enough for us to do flight testing. We are working on placing the rest of the labels and correcting some model flaws before falling head-first into the textures.
The flight model of the aircraft is complete, and focus on that front is on engine tuning. Right now, the engine produces the right amount of torque and RPM, so we have work to do with the propellers to get her up to speed.
Lastly, on the coding front, the cockpit is gradually activated. Our engine, hydraulic, oil gauges work, COM/NAV/ADF radios are active, and the basic flight instruments are also functional. The PN622 DME has been programmed, tested and will be integrated into the cockpit any day now. Every day, more and more panels are coming to life. "

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

That looks very good indeed. 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 19:53
That looks very good indeed. 👍
It does - one of my favourite aircraft, so I'm really looking forward to it. I've asked whether there'll be a cargo version, with the large loading door on the port side, but no response yet.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

And some more, this time from the Pilots GesmbH Facebook page. It's gorgeous!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

The latest from SWS' Facebook page:

Quote: " ...the Dash 7 has been given to PILOT'S and will undergo final checking from them. We are a couple of days behind schedule for squishing a few bugs that were noticed over the past few days, but any day now the plane will be closed. Unless PILOT'S testing team find something, we will be done with it next week. Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite!" Unquote.