TFDi MD-11 price.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

TFDi MD-11 price.

Post by Paul K »

TDFi has revealed how their MD-11 will be priced, and it's not cheap. Nor is it the price of the whole package - you buy either the freighter or the passenger version, and then the other version becomes a payware add-on. There'll be a wailing and gnashing of teeth at Avsim no doubt.

https://fselite.net/content/tfdi-design ... aign=21669

https://tfdidesign.com/md11.php

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: TFDi MD-11 price.

Post by TSR2 »

£60 for the full poor looking cousin of the TriStar… not for me.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Guess that there will be some who will pay up for both, pity really as if no-one actually bothered at that price it could force them to sell it cheaper.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I loved PMDG's MD-11 for FSX, so I won't be able to resist this one. I'll be happy with just the freighter version, however.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Strange that they have given a price for the model, without an imminent release date. I like the look if it, but depends on what else is out there by the time it is released, whether I buy it or not.
Dale
Image Image Image

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

$120 for a study-level aircraft with multiple versions is in line with what others are charging (like PMDG) for similar levels of aircraft. Don't disagree it's steep, but I thought the same with the PMDG releases of late until I actually went back and did a reality check and realized the original 737NG for FS2004 was $60 for the package and the NGX in 2012 was $80 for the 737-800/900 alone. With inflation, the original 737NG is ~$87, and the NGX is ~$95, so they're not out of line.

Mind you - I do not hold it against anyone who doesn't want it or thinks it's too high anyway. I don't buy from certain devs for several reasons including pricing, but I don't think it's fair to TFDi to claim that their pricing is somehow too high and base it on pricing that isn't a fair comparison.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Vc Ten wrote:
18 Feb 2022, 09:31
Strange that they have given a price for the model, without an imminent release date. I like the look if it, but depends on what else is out there by the time it is released, whether I buy it or not.
Dale
I think they're doing this as much to test the market as they are trying to generate hype and stop the incessant questions being asked about cost on their Discord (among other questions that no one can seem to be bothered to actually do a search for or look 2 or 3 lines up to see having been answered previously).

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Paul K wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 21:58
I loved PMDG's MD-11 for FSX,
PMDG is NOT bright for not continuing to sell MD-11 for FSX on retail market. Just imagine how much $$$ they would have amassed past years since the day they stopped selling it.

Regards,

Aharon

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

PMDG is NOT bright for not continuing to sell MD-11 for FSX on retail market. Just imagine how much $$$ they would have amassed past years since the day they stopped selling it.

Regards,

Aharon
Not just that Aharon but PMDG decided not to make aircraft for X-Plane as well, another revenue loss to them!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Aharon wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 16:37
Indeed - I never understood why PMDG stopped selling the MD-11. There were so many queries about the decision, and much as I like RSR, none of his explanations seemed to tell the whole story. There was talk of "legal responsibilty" - but it was never elaborated upon. All very vague, in my view.