TFDi MD-11 price.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: TFDi MD-11 price.

Post by TSR2 »

Perhaps they didn’t own the rights to the model fully and whoever did wanted it down. We’ll never know.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 21:51
Perhaps they didn’t own the rights to the model fully and whoever did wanted it down. We’ll never know.
Yes, I for one was left with the impression that there was something we weren't being told. That's what led to all the queries, I think. I bought the boxed version of the PMDG MD-11 from Aerosoft. I might install the Steam version of FSX and see if it can still be activated - then off to Ebay with it.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Much of the MD-11's systems were developed by a person no longer with the company and my understanding is that's where the issues come from.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

TSR2 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 15:30
£60 for the full poor looking cousin of the TriStar
I never liked the MD-11. It had awful looking winglets and a bulged intake to the centre engine. The Tristar was OK, but I never really liked the 'S' shaped duct of the centre engine. It made the rear fuselage look too fat. Also, the wing engines were fitted quite some way out on the wing, which looked odd.
As for the DC-10, now you're talking. The fuselage length looks right for it's diameter and I just love the straight through centre engine (without the horrible bulge of the MD-11's) and it's slight upward angle to the front. I may however be biased, as the DC-10 (Laker Airways, G-AZZD) was the first (and only) tri-jet I've flown on and that was at the very influential age of 10.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

There is a DC-10 / KC-10 coming for MSFS:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ae ... sfs/469242

I flew on a KLM DC-10 from Schiphol to Aruba and at the time, I was the only person I knew who had one of those new-fangled Sony Walkman things. The Dutch flight attendant was very interested in it, so she sat down beside me and I let her have a listen. She was gorgeous ( sigh ).