A Very Interesting but Complex Model Update X-Plane for 12

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A Very Interesting but Complex Model Update X-Plane for 12

Post by Nigel H-J »

A long read but flight dynamics for both Phantom and heavy aircraft are given here for those interested in how X-Plane 12 will come out like.

Laminar now have an F4 flight model that is accurate to be used for actual F-4 flight instruction. I did get a bit lost on some of the technical parts but overall, this is an amazing achievement for aerodynamics in X-Plane 12. I am really looking forward to when it is released.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... roperties/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: A Very Interesting but Complex Model Update X-Plane for 12

Post by cstorey »

Hmmm...is it just me, or was it all a bit too full of self praise of the how clever I am variety ( implied if not actually stated )

That or what used to be known as "advertiser's puff" exemplified by the grossly excessive use of CAPITALS

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hmmm...is it just me, or was it all a bit too full of self praise of the how clever I am variety ( implied if not actually stated )

That or what used to be known as "advertiser's puff" exemplified by the grossly excessive use of CAPITALS
Austin does somehow come across like that after having watched a number of videos with reference to X-plane 11 and 12 but.......... He is quite a clever person.

Flamboyant could be the word to describe him

He had written the Xavion App for pilots for example.
https://xavion.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L75FaVF ... ETGv&t=60s

https://austinmeyer.com/

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

cstorey wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 17:54

I’ve always found him very much like that. Generally disparaging towards anyone who’s new or who he deems not to be at his level of intellect. He (and a few others) have the pungent aroma of superiority.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Austin is one of the reasons I've never really glomed onto XPlane. Robert Randazzo used to have much the same attitude as did the late Tom Allensworth, but Robert and Tom both became much better with age. Meanwhile, Austin has stayed the same.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Ah, thanks for those links, Nigel . I know now why I won't be buying any further XPlane products

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Ah, thanks for those links, Nigel . I know now why I won't be buying any further XPlane products
I have often thought about abandoning X-Plane for MS2020 however, as we are basically on one income/ pension as Babs could not work full-time due to ill-health and with the money I have already spent on X-Plane, I really cannot afford to just discard them and if V12 proves to be good (I will download the Demo version first to see) then I would be able to move all add-ons over to the new sim however, if it proves to run poorly or no differently as to the present sim and I have to run it with autogen cut back then I will stay with the version I have already.

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'm looking forward to hearing about XP12 if and when you get it, Nigel. I won't be indulging, as MSFS does it all for me, but I'll be interested nonetheless.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I'm looking forward to hearing about XP12 if and when you get it, Nigel. I won't be indulging, as MSFS does it all for me, but I'll be interested nonetheless.
Hi Paul, will let you know but when it comes out is anybody's guess. *-)

It won't be all that long before MS2020 catch up with Laminar especially with new aerodynamics that are planned, would rather fly over countries that are true to life rather than just autogenic buildings that may or may not truly represent the actual country.

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Same as Paul Nigel, I always like to read what’s going on.
I had no significant investment in P3D as most of what I was flying was FSX generation stuff, so MSFS wasn’t a huge expense for me. If I’d had a big investment in P3D I’d maybe have hung back. That said I think I’ve only bought 3 or 4 MSFS aircraft over the last 18 months as there isn’t much that floats my boat.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage