Ukraine

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Ukraine

Post by TSR2 »

FlyTexas wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 00:22
TSR2 wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 23:53
Don’t want to do that Brian, Kyiv are the good guys 😁
Which is the last place Putin would expect us to strike. :lol: ;)

Brian
I have a cunning plan… as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

TSR2 wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 00:28
FlyTexas wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 00:22
TSR2 wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 23:53
Don’t want to do that Brian, Kyiv are the good guys 😁
Which is the last place Putin would expect us to strike. :lol: ;)

Brian
I have a cunning plan… as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on, and is now working for the UN at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brian

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

FlyTexas wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 04:43
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Brian
No laughing matter now!!!!!

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Watching FR24, a USAF RC-135W Rivet Joint (JAKE11) has recently departed RAF Mildenhall (MHZ) and is heading east. Previous fights have flown over Ukraine, but not as far east as Donetsk. It will be interesting to see if this enters Ukrainian airspace.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Definitely getting ugly. :(

Brian

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Now I feel really sick.

spot
Trident
Trident

Post by spot »

Me too Mike. It doesn’t bode well for the future of our young families..

Brian
Low and slow, the way to go ;)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

So they have now invaded Ukraine, despite madman Putin saying that there was not going to be an invasion, the Russians can never nor ever, be trusted to tell the truth! :rant:

I feel so sorry for those Ukrainians now going to have their freedom taken away by a despot and have to live under Communist rule!! The big question is will this be the end or the beginning for Putin to re-take countries once governed by Russia? You only have to go back not so long ago when he made a statement to the effect that when Russia withdrew from the West that was the worst thing that happened to us. In other words, he is still smarting from the days of when Mikhail Gorbachev saw to it that Russia moved away from the West which led to the reunification of Germany and introduced new political freedoms in Russia. Incidentally, Gorbachev also became a vocal critic of Putin when he came to power.

Putin is still demanding that Nato does not deploy strike weapons near Russian Borders and also to remove all forces and military infrastructures from member states that joined Nato from 1997. in doing so that would only open the door of opportunity for this madman to invade other countries that were previously under communist rule and claw back lost ground from the days of Gorbachev. After this I would not be surprised if China saw this as an excuse to invade Taiwan!!!

I dread to think what may happen next!!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

The plain fact is that someone has to kill Putin, and fast. The man is clearly either mentally ill, or evil beyond any hope of rationality , and in such circumstances only death will do . This is unquestionably the most serious situation sice 1939, and I am not overlooking the Berlin airlift period or the Korean War or the interventions in Hungary and Czechoslovakia . In the meantime we need to break off diplomatic relations ; detain all Russians within Europe and intern them ; expropriate permanently all Russian property within Europe ; exclude all Russians from Europe, including the exclusion of all means of transport including aeroplanes, and declare the whole of Europe and the Atlantic a no-fly zone for Russian aircraft, whether civil or military

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

The dogs of war once unleashed - who knows where this will go.

We sit here with smart comments and laugh at Putin and the incompetent Biden/Harris combo. I worry what sort of leaders we have. Not a Statesman amongst them. Britain, France, US Canada Germany they all all insignificant little people with huge egos. No wonder Putin took his best chance to expose them all.
Alex