Ukraine

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Ukraine

Post by TSR2 »

There have been pre plan military exercises going on in Norway this month. There's been a few different air forces up there.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

This is intriguing - a meeting between American and Russian military officials in Moscow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U46Kii49TsQ

Even if nothing comes of it, it does illustrate why channels of communication must remain open, and the Russians not goaded into breaking off diplomatic relations completely, as they threatened this week. The route for the assassin's bullet may be via the Russian high command.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

That is encouraging. :)

Brian

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

The day after seeing aerial footage of flattened areas in Ukraine, I read the following, which really resonated with me:
From "The Book Thief", a story narrated by Death itself:

"A few bombs usually do the trick. Or some gas chambers, or the chit-chat of faraway guns. if none of that finishes proceedings, it at least strips people of their living arrangements, and I witness the homeless everywhere."

:'(

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I would not mind betting that senior officials within Putins circle have been removed due to the poor advances and the defeat of Russian Soldiers and also that Putin is becoming paranoid that one of them will assassinate him.

Wishful thinking but just hope some-one with some sense removes Putin from power or even better kill him before he starts a nuclear war!!

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

There do seem to be signs that he is ridding himself of those who could usurp him. According to a report I was reading this morning on line he has sacked the head and his deputy of the FSB - the old KGB and the Defence Minister has not been seen for 12 days.

Who knows what will happen, we seem to be in the hands of a madman intent on destroying everything he can't have.

At the moment the future seems very bleak.

Allan

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Apparently small p has achieved the desired military objectives and is now moving to another phase :dunno:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Airspeed wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 11:52
Apparently small p has achieved the desired military objectives and is now moving to another phase :dunno:
Putin- "It's all gone pear-shaped so let's pretend that this was just 'phase one' and went exactly as intended". The simple truth is the Ukrainians are beating them, and they are scrambling around trying to salvage something out of this mess.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Once this is all over and P is gone, I hope the International community force Russia into some form of rebuilding Ukraine or at least paying reparations. Yeah I know fantasyland wishful thinking. But they cannot get away Scot free.

And why is it THE Ukraine? Not just Ukraine. I don't come from The Scotland or The Canada. Perhaps it just trips off the tongue easier :dunno:

Edit - don't bother after I left here I did a Googly and there were many answers to that Q. :cheers:
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Paul K wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 11:59
Airspeed wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 11:52
Putin- "It's all gone pear-shaped so let's pretend that this was just 'phase one' and went exactly as intended". The simple truth is the Ukrainians are beating them, and they are scrambling around trying to salvage something out of this mess.
Yes, that's basically what they said on the news Paul