Ukraine

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Ukraine

Post by cstorey »

Thank you for drawing attention to that. It landed at Brussels at 0839 UTC, and was scrupulous in avoiding Uk airspace, not even taking the direct track nearer to Norfolk . Candidly, I feel a bit sorry for these people - it must be a strange feeling to know that never again in your foreseeable flying career will you be welcomed in the Western World

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

ajb wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 08:35
Has anyone spotted the Il96 from the Russian Special Flight Squadron flying down the middle of the North Sea just currently abeam Scotland? I thought that those tw@ts were supposed to stay out of EU, UK and international airspace. Maybe it's a flight to collect expelled diplomats at least I hope that is what it is.

Andy
Thanks for the info, Andy. But in future could anyone who pasts info from FR24 also include the flight number and/or the aircraft registration. This will allow others to find the flight info and routing on the FR24 database.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

George

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Ukraine Air Rescue
Fantastic, these folk are the real hero's in this sad affair.

Allan

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks for that, George.
Not all people are "aerosols" (as Paul quotes).

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

The russians have let the remaining occupants out of the steelworks.
Some have been sent to a penal colony, whilst the injured have been spirited away to r controlled areas.
I doubt that this is a good result for any of them.
We heard that some had been charged with war crimes :dunno:
Dealing with a madman is dangerous, I realise, but if the west has been unable to effectively close the situation, how do they expect to bring any charges against russia in future?

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

This really made me cross on hearing that Russia is going to try Ukraine army personnel for being Nazis just for defending their country against a man who, as far as I am concerned, has turned into a murderous tyrant.

Putin must be trying to turn the clock back in Russia to the days of Stalinist rule whereby no one was safe, not even their own people who were murdered and those who escaped death were sent to Siberia, now history seems to be repeating itself in the form of a deranged President who has sent Ukrainian civilians away deep into Russia and will possibly send some fighters who have been captured to their deaths in front of a firing squad!

The time has come for his Generals to rise up against Putin, how much longer can Russia sustain this bloody war that has claimed far too many innocent lives, not to mention Russian Soldiers and equipment, they are on course for a sever battering when Ukraine start to take back areas that have already fallen.

Putin's rule must surely come to an end soon!!

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just watched a video which has shocked me. It appears that some Russian Officers have no thoughts of their soldiers welfare as you will hear in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qV5H6zsieM

This happened to Russian Soldiers during WW2 when defending St Petersburgh, Stalin ordered that not one soldier is to retreat but fight to the death and to make sure that this order was carried out, soldiers holding the second line behind the first were ordered to shoot their comrades if they started to run or move back from their lines.

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Nigel:...."Putin's rule must surely come to an end soon!!"
Sadly, wishful thinking mate.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

I have seen some reports, that Putin is very ill with cancer. I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is, it could be very dangerous as he may want to take some sort of decisive action by which to be remembered.

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...