A little jaunt in MSFS

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A little jaunt in MSFS

Post by Paul K »

I installed the latest version of JF's Arrow III, in order to test out the two trim modes - course and fine. All went well, so after heading westwards from Duxford, I decided to do some VOR flying, going round south of London, up the east side and back to Duxford. Very enjoyable it was too.

Heading south to Heathrow's VOR, just past RAF Northholt:

Following the VORs back up north, from Biggin Hill to Stapleford, and then on to Barkway. The city sprawl is very immersive:

Taxying back in at Duxford:

Parked up, and letting some fresh air in:

The office. It's only once you're in your 60s that you really come to appreciate beige:

I'm keeping the avionics choice as old school as possible, in this case the KX 170B and KX 175B radios, with the little GPS 100 unot switched off. I'd like to do some long distance travelling using radio nav aids only.

However, you can mix and match the radios in the Arrow as seen here, with Dual GNS 530 (COM/NAV 1) and GNS 430 (COM/NAV 2) sets fitted:

This sim really is blowing my socks off. I don't think I've been this enthusiastic about simming since FS9. :)

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A little jaunt in MSFS

Post by FlyTexas »

Beautiful screenies, Paul! :thumbsup: The second one could fool many people into thinking that it's a real photograph. :)

Brian

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Cheers Brian. It's difficult to take a bad screenshot in MSFS :lol:

I don't know why the bottom picture has a slider, but the rest don't, as I linked them all the same way to my Imgur account. Perhaps Ben will know - anyway, they all show full size when you click on them. :)

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Hi Paul :hello: , I've only just taken the plunge into MSFS, and can't believe it!! Your screenies are superb.

Once I've finished getting some improvements loaded around my local area in Bournemouth, the Duxford package is most DEFINATELY on my list from Flightsim.to :)

I can see my flexible friend could be suffering some more damage looking at that JF Arrow III ;)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Silversim wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 07:52
I can see my flexible friend could be suffering some more damage looking at that JF Arrow III ;)
Hi Gina - the Just Flight Arrow is excellent, and so far the only payware aircraft I've bought. The one you see is the non-turbo Arrow III, and you get a 66% discount code for the Turbo Arrow III/IV, and a 25% code ( I think ) for the Piper Warrior. It's received several updates, the latest about a week ago. It's a beautiful model - thoroughly recommended. :)

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Paul K wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 08:13
Silversim wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 07:52
Hi Gina - the Just Flight Arrow is excellent, and so far the only payware aircraft I've bought. The one you see is the non-turbo Arrow III, and you get a 66% discount code for the Turbo Arrow III/IV, and a 25% code ( I think ) for the Piper Warrior. It's received several updates, the latest about a week ago. It's a beautiful model - thoroughly recommended. :)
Thank's for the H/U Paul. I've got the JF PA-28-181 Archer III in X Plane 11 and can confirm that is also an excellent model.

I think that Arrow III will be my next "step up the ladder" :)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

WOW Paul, those screen shots are brilliant, can't wait to get airborne. Did you by any chance get the discount as you had them in X-plane 11? Just wondering. :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hi Nigel,

No, I only had the demo versions in X-Plane. :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Brilliant shots Paul. I do think Just Flight seem to get a pretty good balance in their aircraft. There are a few in the pipeline I’m looking forward to, not the Concorde though.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 15:24
Brilliant shots Paul. I do think Just Flight seem to get a pretty good balance in their aircraft. There are a few in the pipeline I’m looking forward to, not the Concorde though.
Thanks, Ben. Yes JF do have a nicely varied range, and I really hope their PR9 comes to MSFS.

The BAe 146 looks excellent. It's not an aircraft I know much about, but the screenshots I've seen in the last couple of days have piqued my interest. I think I'll nip down to Duxford in the next week or so, and have a look at their recently acquired example.

I believe their Concorde is a collaboration with DC Designs, isn't it ? I'm sure it will sell but, like you, I'll give it a miss.