Return of the Mac.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Return of the Mac.

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 18:39
Some stunning shots there Paul. I've never been, but we do have an office there. I missed a trip out in 2014 as things had conspired against me at the time. By all accounts not quite the same as it was pre lockdowns etc. :welldone:
Thanks, Ben - you must try to wangle a trip out there, but be warned about the Singapore Bite. The place gets under your skin, or at least it did with me. :lol:

FlyTexas wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 18:42
Beautiful screenies, Paul. :thumbsup: Can you imagine a former resident of Singapore returning after being away for let's say 60 years. They wouldn't believe their eyes. :-O
Here's a view of Clifford Pier, that little building I mentioned - this is what it was like when I was there as a child. Just the open sea around it back then, but now enclosed in a marina. You're right - they wouldn't recognize it. It was still pretty much like that when I was there with Shell in the 1980s, though some skyscrapers had gone up on the existing land, out of shot.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Great shots of Singapore Paul. Would go back like a shot.
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Vc Ten wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 20:12
Great shots of Singapore Paul. Would go back like a shot.
Thanks, Dale. When were you there ? :)

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Paul. We called in twice on a Far East cruise March 2020. As the cruise progressed, covid was closing the countries down, stopping us from entering the ports. The captain managed to get us a berth in Singapore for a second time to take stock, as Malaysia wouldn't let us back in, to allow us to fly home. We returned to Bangkok to fly home which also gave them the chance to give us a second visit to Koh Samui.
Singapore was an amazing place. So clean. The Marina Bay towers were great actually. Cracking view from to top.
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

A Far East cruise - that sounds great, Dale. I'm hoping for another visit back there myself before the year is out. :)

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

I've been really enjoying your "trip" Paul...my how Singapore has changed! I was there in 1990 on a three centre holiday, Singers/Penang/HK....looking forward to a "Singapore Sling" at Raffles.....guess what, it was closed and boarded up for refurbishment :(....still had a fab holiday tho' B-)

Gina
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Silversim wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 10:19
I've been really enjoying your "trip" Paul...my how Singapore has changed! I was there in 1990 on a three centre holiday, Singers/Penang/HK....looking forward to a "Singapore Sling" at Raffles.....guess what, it was closed and boarded up for refurbishment :(....still had a fab holiday tho' B-)

Gina
Shame you couldn't enter Raffles, though you didn't miss much with the Singapore Sling. So many people asked for it that they had a big jug full pre-mixed behind the bar. :lol:

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

I had no idea that a Singapore Sling was a drink. Guess I need to get out more often, or drink more often. :party: :lol: Here's a recipe for a "classic" Singapore Sling for those interested. :)

Singapore Sling

1 ounce gin
½ ounce cherry liqueur or cherry brandy
½ ounce Cointreau
½ ounce lime juice
¼ ounce Benedictine (optional but traditional)
¼ ounce grenadine
2 ounces pineapple juice
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Ice, for serving (like clear ice)
Soda water, for serving
For the garnish: cocktail cherry, orange wedge (optional)

Brian :guinn:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

:lol: We'll be right round!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »