MSFS Sim Update 9 (SU9)

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS Sim Update 9 (SU9)

Post by TSR2 »

I didn't see what size the MS Store component was as it had completed automatically after start up.

Remember to check MS store for updates (Gaming Services and the Xbox app have been updated recently) and also check for Windows updates.

(Remember to temporarily rename your community folder)

After launching the sim, the mandatory update was 8.5GB.

Once the sim opens, I had approx 5GB of updates in content manager (but this will vary depending on your settings)

Exit the sim, rename your community folder back to normal, and start the sim again. Fingers crossed :cpu: :worried:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: MSFS Sim Update 9 (SU9)

Post by Paul K »

All went smoothly for me. By the way, a couple of the default aircraft that are growing on me are the Cessna 152 and 172 Classic. I've been doing some short flights from Duxford, and rather like them.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The update process was fine for me too Paul.

I’ve had some oddities with some testing that that I’d been doing, which would suggest they’ve changed something in the way flaps affect the FD.

I’ve also tested using the JF hawk, and while much less obvious than on my test aircraft, it seems a bit, odd.

Has anyone else noticed odd handling with flaps on any aircraft since SU9?

As for Cessna, no thanks. I’m a PA guy 😁
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I'll watch out for any differences in flap effect on my next flight in the Arrow.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

It's totally shafted the flaps on the Hunter. :wall: Hopefully it's an easy fix, but I've no idea what it it at the moment.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Can't tell any difference with the flap effect, even with the Arrow, which is what I've flown most. Maybe there's something there, but too subtle for me to recognize it.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Can't honestly say I can see any difference either. 2 flights in FBW a320 neo. I usually drop to full flap at 1200 ft or so. Hand flew approach on one flight, and a full autoland on the other. No problems :dunno:
Just spent the last hour watching this tutorial on the Mad dog :- https://youtu.be/iuMrYu6TGQ0
Can't wait till tomorrow
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Turns out the problem with the Hunter was something else, which somehow (God knows how 8) ) affected the amount of lift the flaps gave.
Dave G.