Tangmere Museum's Newest Exhibit

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Tangmere Museum's Newest Exhibit

Post by PeteP »

Airspeed wrote:
27 May 2022, 09:56
Pete: You made that interesting video, did you also do the voice-over?
Yes, it's me I'm afraid Mike as are all the commentaries on the various short films spread about the museum. It wasn't my intention that it should be but when I made the first one back in 2006 - "Tangmere's Moonlight Maestro" - I recorded the sound track for timing purposes assuming someone else would do the final version; they never did and I'm still stuck with the job 16 years later although I live in hope!
P.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Firstly well done Mike for creating the Film Footage Indicator, I doubt very much that I would have the patience to learn about 3D printing and please don't say it is a piece of cake, you have no idea how I struggle with some things!! :lol:

Pete, it was a great video you produced and found it very very interesting apart from one thing, I have high frequency deafness from the days of the Vulcans and find it slightly difficult listening with music in the background during commentaries, if I turn the volume up to hear better the damned music also increases!! :doh: :lol: :lol:

Not so much as a complaint but just find music in any form be it on television or YouTube a bit of a distracting. The video itself was excellent and found that all the work you are doing to be extremely interesting, only wish I lived closer!! :thumbsup:

Regards

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

Thanks for the kind words, Nigel and I completely agree with your dislike of background music in films. Funnily enough, that's the only one I've ever used it on but then it's the only film of that type I've made.

If you do ever get to the south coast, be sure to pay us a visit - unless, of course, you're claustrophobic. ;)

Pete
Last edited by PeteP on 27 May 2022, 19:24, edited 2 times in total.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Pete, :hello: I certainly hope that one day I will be able to make it but might be a few years off at present.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

No need to apologise for the voice Pete.
I thought it was very professional, and I know that you do radio, so it all made sense. Very easy on the ear :)

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I'm certainly not claustrophobic Pete. I've worked in confined spaces on aircraft large and small, both RAF and civilian. No problems.

I've also been down the deep slate mine at Blaenau Ffestiniog, and an even smaller deserted gold mine in Arizona. No problems.

I do know for certain that I experienced something strange at Tangmere, and I've done a little digging. It appears that I'm not the only one that this has happened to, and others have reported strange feelings whilst visiting.

Some years ago, there were reports of ghosts of airman seen walking on the airfield. I don't believe in ghosts, but clearly some people do. It's also been said that the local pub, the Bader Arms, was haunted. Apparently the locals didn't frequent it for some reason, and it has now closed down.

Who knows? :dunno: