Happy Birthday Myles (62)

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Re: Happy Birthday Myles (62)

Post by Myles »

Not too badly, Paul, thanks. Still a lot I'm not able (or supposed) to do, but I'm much better than I expected to be two weeks after surgery! :agree:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Myles :thumbsup:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Myles wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 12:49
Not too badly, Paul, thanks. Still a lot I'm not able (or supposed) to do, but I'm much better than I expected to be two weeks after surgery! :agree:
Yes, you really do need to take it easy after abdominal surgery. It's not so much what they did inside as the incision that needs to be nursed until it's recovered. Nothing strenuous! :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Been off-line for a wee while due to abdominal surgery
Don't know how the hell I missed your birthday Myles but sincerely hope you had a good one.

Hope you are recovering well Myles, that type of surgery is not nice, not nice at all and can sympathize with you. When I was in my forties I had terrible pains in the large bowel and visiting the doctor she listened through her stethoscope and then told me not to move and had a nurse come in to watch me whilst she went to call an ambulance. Long story cut short my bowel had perforated and and they removed part of it, when I came to had tubes exiting me all over the place!! :lol: :lol:

Fortunately it turned out it was not cancer but have Diverticular Disease. Still can get severe pains though just live with it.

Hope you get well soon.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Thanks all. Sorry to hear about your experience, Nigel. I hope the diverticulitis isn’t too severe. I think it can be quite debilitating for some. In my case, it is cancer but I’m told it has been caught early and they think they got it all. I should know next week, so fingers crossed.

I am being good, Paul, honest! I keep being told that I’m not allowed to do things. At times that can include lifting a cup of coffee!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

In my case, it is cancer but I’m told it has been caught early and they think they got it all. I should know next week, so fingers crossed.
My goodness Myles, really sorry to hear that, the waiting is the worst part, I had that when the surgeon came to see me after the operation, he told me that he had removed a red mass from my bowel as well as removing part of the bowel and sent it off for testing to see if it is cancer, I asked what if it is cancer to which he beamed the biggest smile before saying, I got it all out!! So if this is true regarding yourself then that will be a big relief for you. :thumbsup:

Whatever you do Myles, do not do too much, it took me many weeks before I regained my strength so it is important not to try doing too much but please let us know how you get on.

Regards
Nigel.

Myles
Lightning
Lightning

Post by Myles »

Just an update. My consultant has now confirmed that they got all the tumour and there were no contra indications in the surrounding tissue. No further treatment required other than ongoing checks over the next few years :Dance:

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hope the good news continues, Myles. Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Great new Myles. Really pleased to hear this. I'm sure its a weight off. :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Just an update. My consultant has now confirmed that they got all the tumour and there were no contra indications in the surrounding tissue. No further treatment required other than ongoing checks over the next few years :Dance:
That is brilliant Myles, so pleased for you, I have a can of lager in the fridge and will give you a toast!! :lol: Here we go! :guinn:

Regards
Nigel.