A quick Hunter pic.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: A quick Hunter pic.

Post by Paul K »

Hi Dale, I've just done a six-hour plus test flight from Darwin to Alice Springs, left running on autopilot for most of the time, and not a single stutter. Even descending into Alice at the end, when the scenery got denser, not a single problem. I'm astonished.

The only significant thing I did was to implement the NDU registry tweak HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ndu - changing the value from 2 to 4. I had already tried this a couple of weeks ago, but it made no difference back then. Did it do something this time ? I simply don't know.

I can't even be sure the tweak alone cured the stuttering this time, because I had a big Windows update to install last night and that might have some bearing on it.

Have you tried any more flights ? I hope things are still running smoothly for you.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

That's good news Paul Fingers crossed and all that
No more flights for me since. Will return from Milan tomorrow in the 146. See what happens then *-)
Dale
Image Image Image

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Took 2 attempts to get home from Milan. First flight had a ctd some 200 mils out of Manchester.
Thought best to drop the overclocking a bit so rebooted into bios. There I found the cpu cooling was set to default instead of manual (pretty much full speed at all temps) so once I'd changed the fan settings back I though I would leave the overclocking as it was. Got it back up again and checked cpu setting but now its down to 4.6 gig :dunno: so left it where it was, and started the sim. Flew the route with no stutters, even into Manchester where the cpu is a bit overworked I also had an update to the nvidia studio driver, which I installed before starting. Doesn't seem to have been detrimental.
Dale
Image Image Image