A quick Hunter pic.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

A quick Hunter pic.

Post by Paul K »

I'm working with Noel at Avsim to sort out my stuttering problems, and did a test after the latest refinement of settings/tweaks. This Hunter is gorgeous - it flies beautifully. I've always struggled with fast jets in Microsoft's various flight sims, but this one is a joy.

Thanks, Mr. G. :cheers:

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Re: A quick Hunter pic.

Post by Vc Ten »

Nice photo Paul Let us know what the tweaks were if the stutters have gone
I had stutters this afternoon in the 146 which seems to have come out of the blue I've started to push the cpu speed a bit to help with the fenix. It's very cpu intensive and large airports do pull the rates down, but the 146 usually stays at a locked 30
Dale
Image Image Image

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You're welcome. :cheers:
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Vc Ten wrote:
29 Jun 2022, 21:46
Let us know what the tweaks were if the stutters have gone.
I will do, Dale. The next leg of the MacRobertson trip will be an indicator, though it's mainly over water so no real scenery rendering to slow it down. The main thing so far is that I've been weaned off G-Sync, and in combination with other settings, the difference is noticeable.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

G-Sync (even just compatible) was giving me all sorts of problems too.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

TSR2 wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 07:23
G-Sync (even just compatible) was giving me all sorts of problems too.
Ah, that's very interesting to know, Ben. I think with me, having just bought a new comp and monitor, G-Sync was the latest big thing, and I couldn't possibly not use it. However, it seems that while other games do benefit from it, MSFS doesn't quite so much. That said, I'm still convinced a gremlin was introduced, either with SU9 or a graphics driver, that has affected performance for me. Everything was fine, G-Sync included, up until a few weeks ago. I know Asobo are investigating, so maybe there'll be good news soon.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Mine started acting up a few weeks ago Seems to be suffering from the long flight syndrome when things degrade after a few hours. As discussed previously, increasing lod settings help push the load onto the gpu but with only 8gig on my 2070s, I get dangerously close to running out of vram (sometimes I do :lol:) I'm pushing my i5 to 5 gighz Its is still OK temp wise but it makes it more susceptible to ctd's (looking for a used 9900k i9)
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dale, long flight syndrome might be a problem here too. I’ve just started a test by setting the aircraft on a course of 154 from Darwin to Adelaide, and will leave it running for a few hours. I’ll see how it’s running later on.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I've just flown a 2 hr flight to Milan and it was one of the smoothest I've had in Msfs. Last night I was googling msfs stuttering and came across this :- https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2022/0 ... st-tricks/
Now I have tried a few of the recommended tips and tricks but this one seems to go deeper.
I followed the guide and came to the one "type sfc scannow" This duly started verifying but when it came to the end it showed there were corrupted files which had now been repaired. Now I didn't know I had system files corrupted, but there you go. Next was to do this Type: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal Not sure what that does exactly other than its something to do with networking. 8)
Now I regularly get the Internet dropping out during a flight. I really thought it was a bt problem even had them out to it, but could never find a route cause. If the sim flashed up with lost data connection, sure enough, flicking to Windows would show no Internet on the task bar. The Internet would return in a few seconds and msfs would say OK. Without counting my chickens it's not dropped out once tonight. 🤞
I'm never too keen on altering the registry but this :-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ndu]
"Start"=dword:00000004. The jury's out on this one. Some say if stops their degradation on a long flight, some say not. I've changed mine, and as I said tonight's flight was totally stutter free, but will tomorrow's be :dunno:
Dale

Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Dale, I'll have a look at that tomorrow. My test flight shows that I still have the problem, so I'll also talk to my Avsim guru Noel again. I tried that NDU registry tweak a couple of weeks ago, but it made no difference - perhaps I should retry it. Very glad to hear you've had a smooth flight! :thumbsup: