This is the last time I................

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: This is the last time I................

Post by simondix »

Vancouver wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 17:37
simondix wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 14:21
I suppose we will get fined when we change gear. I am Hendon trained and on TV and in real life I see quite a few Police Officers whose driving and driving positions leave a lot to be desired.
Same here, Hendon trained to Class 1. Best course EVER! My course had another group visiting from Taiwan and one from Malta, such was the respect the Met had back then. (on a later detective course we had officers from Pakistan, & the Middle East). That's all gone. Then they did away with the distinction of class 1 and class 2 and everything became just 'Advanced'. Then they did away with police trainers and began the civilianization. Lower driving lessons next devolved down to divisions and not Hendon. Its is as always down to money. Elitism be damned! It's maddening. What they have done to the Met in recent years is downright embarrassing.
They reduce the joining restrictions, skimp on the background checks, pay them poor wages, put politicos in charge[Police Crime Commissioners] and then they wonder why they have problems.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman