Control surface issue in FS9

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Control surface issue in FS9

Post by paul26may »

Not sure what's going on but for the last few weeks every aircraft I load up has the starboard aileron activated and the rudder and nose wheel turning to starboard. Can't see what I may have done to cause this and any help or advice would be much appreciated.

AllanL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Control surface issue in FS9

Post by AllanL »

Two possibilities come to mind.

Either your saved fight has the autopilot set on, or more likely you have a joystick/controller that has drifted out of alignment.

The latter can be fixed by doing a calibration of the controller. Mine drifts out every couple of flights.

johnhinson
Victor
Victor

Post by johnhinson »

It could also be that your default flight accidentally has those circumstances saved.

Try creating a new default flight after re-setting those issues to the correct position.

John

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

I’ve occasionally had this and re-calibration of controls fixed it. If you have FSUIPC check your control settings in there.
Also on some add on aircraft which have multiple fuel tanks, check that have balanced the contents when reducing them. You may have to scroll down to see all the tanks otherwise the extreme starboard tank will remain at the default of 100%. :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

paul26may
Lightning
Lightning

Post by paul26may »

Thanks for all the advice chaps. I somehow think it may be the saved default flight. Will check later and report back. :Dance: