Well that cured me

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Well that cured me

Post by simondix »

I give up. Went down the steam route and it will not install. I have the right specs and it keeps freezing then wiping off already downloaded sections. Will Steam give a refund.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Steam will refund if you're quick. I've had two refunds off them, for software that wouldn't run on my PC. Sorry to hear of your woes. :(

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Simon, as long as you have not played MS2020 from Steam for more than 2 hours they will give you a refund. I did that for IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, played it for an hour and a half but did not like it.

They are pretty good at refunds if played less than 2 hours.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks everybody for the moral support and answers. It finally loaded and is working. Now just to get the controls set.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Great news, Simon. :thumbsup:

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Well done Simon I knew you would get there. Unfortunately it won't be the end of your grief Every update seems to throw up different problems, but it's nothing like as temperamental as the sim first was, and we are all here to help. The ones of us that took the plunge for msfs have been there done it now. When it's right it's a cracking sim. Hope you enjoy
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Good to hear that Simon. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

First hitch. Downloaded and tried to install FSUIPC7 and it appears to cause the sim to crash.
Simon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'd try and get by without it tbh. I had to install it the other night for FSA, and while it does work, I need to restart my computer before I use the SIM now as its mucked up the shortcut. It thinks the sim is on the c drive, but its on E. For some reason after a restart (not shutdown) it works.

if you try a reboot and launch the sim again, it may work. I think its the way it modifies the MSFS startup file to launch FSUIPC at the same time. Very annoying.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Don't have it on my machine. I meant to reply to that effect Ben, when you posted the other day. But when I looked you were flying a VA flight, so I guessed you were sorted.
I have my interface in FSA options to automatic so I assume its using sim connect. There is no sim connect in the FSA folders so I assume it locates it through the registry??
It works so I'm not messing with it :lol:
Dale
Image Image Image