XPlane12

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

XPlane12

Post by Scorpius »

Now available from Xplane store. Downloading,

Nev

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: XPlane12

Post by Nigel H-J »

Downloading the Demo version first, As it is early Beta there are some reports on the demo version regarding blurry textures but not on the full release but think that may be down to some users who's computers do not really match the minimum requirements. :dunno:

Sim Hanger gives a very brief rundown of X- Plane 12 and he is very pleased with it. My Demo download is very nearly completed so looking forward to trying it.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I'm curious to know if anyone is running XPlane on a Mac. With all the AI "features" now being forced upon Windows users, I recently got an old Intel MacBook and was really surprised at how natural it was and easy to use. It got me thinking, I only really use the PC for Music / email / photos etc, and this 5 year old Mac does that very well. I know the Xplane will run on a Mac, but they don't give any details about performance for the newer Macs, other than that they support intel CPU's and Apple Silicon.
The current range of Mac's all use a bespoke Apple processor and GPU (Apple Silicon), but there are a number of different specs, and i'm guessing that would mean different perfoermance

Are any of you guys runnig XPlane on Apple Silicon, and if so, what spec Mac are you using? I'm thinking that I may buy a newer Mac at some point in the new year and just do all my day to day stuff on that, then wipe the PC and have it only for MSFS.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

We've got X-Plane (not sire if it's 11 or 12) on a PC at my Air Cadets' squadron.

On start up the controls (specifically throttle, others to a lesser degree) simply don't work.

I have to recalibrate, change aircraft, and repeat a few times before they work consistently.

Any experts here have any suggestions to cure this behaviour?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Once you have assigned them all should be ok. For me, I deleted all of the assignments first before adding them to avoid any 'multiple joysticks' messages. Make sure you only have one profile as well.

Nev