Autopilot problem

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Autopilot problem

Post by TSR2 »

Will the AP hold heading or Alt etc? Is it just the GPS its not working with?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Tried it on the Skyhawk it wont hold altitude, does hold the heading for a short while then starts careering all over the place then goes into a dive and crashes.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Hi Simon - just flew the Islander tutorial flight EGPA to EGPB, using the autopilot connected to GPS, and no bother at all. It followed the route, with one exception; while reading the tutorial instructions, I bought up the optional ASPEN EFIS and started stabbing wildly at the buttons, as you do. This resulted in me going past the next waypoint, so I switched to HDG, got back on track, disabled the Aspen, and selected NAV linked to the GPS again. All sorted.

The Aspen unit might be worth a check, but I can't be much help beyond that. Have you tried the tutorial flight, to the letter ? I was just thinking it might suddenly highlight the problem you've got.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Paul,

Thanks for that. At the moment I feel like binning MSFS. Tried a flight this afternoon and the flight froze after about 30 minutes. In the Asobo Cessna 208. Then later trying to load the Canada update the PC froze while downloading twice. Restarted the PC twice. Now cannot get beyond the checking updates stage at the start of MSFS just keeps on that screen.. I am beginning to feel the sim is not worth the aggro at the moment.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I wiped out the downloads in the Steam folder after the time I started the download. Got the sim working and tried again this morning and it went OK.
Simon

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Simon, that's great news - the road is open to your next baffling MSFS glitch. :agree:

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Paul K wrote:
30 Sep 2022, 18:22
Simon, that's great news - the road is open to your next baffling MSFS glitch. :agree:
Already happened
Simon

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Sorry, didn't mean to make light of things - what's the problem now ? Anything we can help with ? :)

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Keeps freezing during flights and the whole PC freezes.
Simon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Have you tried disabling the online functionality? Which Anti Virus are you using?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage