MSFS Sim Update 10 arrives tomorrow

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

MSFS Sim Update 10 arrives tomorrow

Post by Paul K »

The long wait is almost over - it arrives at 1500Z tomorrow, 20th September. After all the beta-testing discussion on Avsim, I can't wait to try it out. Perhaps after final checks for compatibility, Anthony Lynch will release his Tiger Moth in the coming days too.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: MSFS Sim Update 10 arrives tomorrow

Post by Chris Trott »

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :party: :guinn: :(( (dangit, where's the ill smilie when you need it)

I'm glad this one is finally getting out of Beta & nVidia hell and onto our computers. If it delivers what's promised, it will be a very welcomed update.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Looking forward to the DC3 if it comes out on this update, really beginning to miss vintage aircraft even though I have the Rapid.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Don't think so Nigel I think that's in the 40th anniversary update
1.1 gig initial download from store then 16 gig once you're in the sim. Downloading now
Dale
Yes I moved the community folder first :agree:
Also just over 2 gig contents updates for me
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Some reports of issues with the new version of Windows 11 (22H2), particularly for VR users. The update to Windows 11 only released yesterday, so early days.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Just installed it - could be the placebo effect, but I loaded the PMDG DC-6 on the grass at Duxford, and I'm sure there's a distinct improvement in sharpness and colour. I'm still on DX11, and Nvidia driver 516.94, but based on first impressions, I'm in no hurry to upgrade. So far, so very good.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Some reports of issues with the new version of Windows 11 (22H2), particularly for VR users. The update to Windows 11 only released yesterday, so early days.
Oh crap!! Just downloading it now and then you have to kick the ball out of play!! :doh: Oh well, life must carry on, stiff upper lip and all what? :worried:

Fortunately I do not rely on VR for all flying now will have to just hope that MS update will not bu**er anything up.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Not actually flown anywhere yet, but loaded up some airports that I hoped would stress it a bit
Running dx12 and dlss balanced seems to give best results so far. Dlss set to performance things got blurry. Changed back to dx11 and no real difference in gpu memory usage (around 7.2 gig dedicated memory on the ground at Heathrow after panning a full circle round the cockpit) Task manager shows an additional shared memory usage of 1.5 gig when in dx12, over just 0.2 in dx11??
Dale
Oh win10 update before I updated the sim
Still running on old driver No new ones showing on nvidia yet
There is a new studio driver released 517.40 but it seems the memory optimization for dx12 will only work with the anticipated game ready driver :dunno:
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've tried DX12, and could certainly see some differences, such as textures out on the wing, but there was some blurriness with the instruments and terrain below. Now back on DX11 with TAA, and awaiting the new game-ready driver from Nvidia before I experiment further. That said, it does look lovely, and still at my fixed 30 fps.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Did a 2 hour night flight in the Justflight BAe from LOWS to EGKK and it seemed to be not just visually nicer and smoother, but the plane seemed to fly quite a bit smoother and less sensitive than my last flight in it, so some of their other tweaks appear to have had positive effects as well. Will be interesting to see how the PMDG goes here later this evening or tomorrow, whenever I end up doing the next flight.