FSA Client 2.5.1 and MSFS2020

Check here to keep abreast of FSAirlines updates.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: FSA Client 2.5.1 and MSFS2020

Post by TSR2 »

yep, I'll try again with FSUIPC :cpu:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

So.. instead of using the shortcut to launch FSUIPC (which links to the batch file), I started MSFS manually. Then, once the sim had started, I clicked on the FSUIPC.exe to start it and to my surprise it works! So I've created a shortcut to the exe file rather than the patch file and the FSA client now connects vi FSUIPC. Happy camper.

Thanks to all for their help :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Hi Ben. Glad you got it working Annoying you have to use a third party program to enable the client to "see" the sim, when there is one built in :(
I've been considering the upgrade to win 11 but this stops it in its tracks until I can get a definitive. As you say other addons which need to access the sim variables work fine with simconnect and I've yet to see any report of any win 11 issues
I tried to post on the FSA site but as usual it (I :dunno: ) don't remember my login details
I'll keep digging on this one
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I've got to the bottom of it Dale. FSA Client requires Visual C++ 2008 Redistribution libraries. These are no longer supported. If you happen to have had them on your computer previously, the FSA Client will work without FSUIPC. If You haven't had them on before, it won't, and you'll need to use FSUIPC.

I imagine there's a lot of work involved in recoding and testing the FSA client to use the current versions of the Visual C libraries, so FSUIPC might be the only option.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Thanks for that Ben I've no doubt I will have the redistributables on the PC. and a stirring of brain cells makes me thing we've been here before, and I remember installing a load of c++ libraries.
Interested to know if I upgrade to win 11 and reinstall the redistribution libraries will it still work
Dale
Image Image Image