MSFS 40th Anniversary Update

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: MSFS 40th Anniversary Update

Post by Nigel H-J »

Have not yet downloaded the update but will do tomorrow, in the meantime Ben or any-one else, is it best to rename the Community Folder before downloading? If so should I re-name to something like Add-Ons? I use a shortcut on desktop as find it a bl**dy nuisance having to go through all the steps to get there!!

Reason I am asking is that one time I believe Ben had some sort of problem after updating MS2020.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You don't need to, but in my opinion its generally a good idea, as you can then check the sim is running properly after the update, before re-enabling the folder.
You can rename it to anything you like, as long as it's not "community", MSFS won't see it. I just use "community.old"
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

community.old here too, then just rename it back to community after a restart.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

I just drag it out of the sim folder, and let the sim recreate the community folder when it first starts. Shut the sim down and drag the folder back. It just merges the freshly created one with the original. Saves any spelling mistakes etc.
Dale
Image Image Image

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've never renamed or moved the Community folder before updates. I've done it to sort out rogue add-ons however, and simply renamed it to OLDCommunity.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Many thanks for your replies. Downloading Shortly. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Silversim
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Silversim »

Moved Community contents, download took about 45'....loaded everything back up, two enjoyable flights visiting all my Burning Blue Design add-ons, all A-OK :) ....Oh, except I took the DC-3 up for a spin from my local airport, EGHH...and nearly made a mess of The Needles... :wasntme: ....more practice needed, it's a long time since the DC-3 in FS9 ;)
It's so nice to be insane, nobody asks you to explain.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Had a brief spin in the A310 earlier at Kai Tak (which is great to see again)

Took me half an hour to figure out how to start the engines (I’d forgotten the bleed air from the APU which is needed to start. Tge thrust reverse throttle position caught me out, and the automatic autothrottle too a bit of getting used to, but it did save my bacon when I lost concentration on the RW13 approach.

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

What's the overall impression of the DC-3, chaps ? Apart from the error with the POV hat switch and usual A.H. STOL take off, it's better than I thought. Rather good in fact. Stars of the show are the DHC2 and the A310.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Initial impressions of the A310 are very good, especially as its included for “free”. The only other aircraft I’ve tried from the new crop is the Cabri G2. I just fancied giving a heli a try and it works well, but not my bag as a regular flier. I think the others look well, but I hate the current fashion of sticking an iPad in every cockpit. From what i’ve glanced at on the forums, they can’t be hidden either which is a shame.

All in all I’m very happy with it, although I’d like to see the earlier A310 (without the shark fins and EFI)

ImageImageImage