Problems with free-ware A310-300 MS2020

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Problems with free-ware A310-300 MS2020

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi chaps the problem I am having with this aircraft is that when lined up for take-off and my throttles on the Bravo Throttle are set at idle the engines are in reverse thrust, when I open up to 50% power then the engines are at idle not only that but as soon as I am airborne the a/c behaves like a drunken bird all over the place and not flyable.

Has any-one else experienced this?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Problems with free-ware A310-300 MS2020

Post by TSR2 »

The X-52 throttles have little… bump stops on them, so forward throttle is anything forward of the bumps, back from that and it goes into reverse. I think theres a setting on the ipad that changes this behaviour to be standard throttle.

What issues are you having when airborne?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben, soon after take-off the a/c starts to bank to the right and trying to get it on a level heading is near impossible full left yoke and plenty of left rudder then she goes the other way. Best way I can describe the behavior, nose goes down and then I just give up on it.

Have started flying the A330-eon (I think it is as not on MS2020 yet) one plus is that you don't have to mess about with the FMS which is really great!! :lol:

Think I may stay with that for the time being but on the lookout for a none glass cockpit pax aircraft, not the 146 as will get that next year but something with 2 engines!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

You can calibrate the throttles in the EFB tablet in the 310 cockpit. That's also an option there if you're using the reversers on an axis or not.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Nigel, this is just what you need….

https://www.justflight.com/in-developme ... -simulator

:excited:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

You can calibrate the throttles in the EFB tablet in the 310 cockpit. That's also an option there if you're using the reversers on an axis or not.
Hi Dave, I actually tried that after reading your post however, I did the reverse thrust position the idle then it wanted the Toga position and this is where I got stuck so assumed it would be 100% power after that it still only worked as 50% power= reverse :wall: Strange! *-)

WOW Ben, brilliant find. Now that is the type of cockpit that suits me perfectly, will you be going for it when released? :welldone:

Regards
Nigel.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Nigel. Make sure you have no other bindings to the throttles in your control options.

Check your throttles are bound to the correct axis and not reversed (well mine aren't) :lol:
A310 Profile.png
(502.37 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
My idle point has a small indent to stop it from continually jumping in and out of reverse thrust (you can alter the throttleconfig.ini also)
Sensitivity1.png
(332.27 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Hope this helps. It's quite a good aircraft which will only get better. Not as automated as say A320. Keeps you on your toes :lol:
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dale and very many thanks for your help but unfortunately after spending over an hour trying to get the throttles to work on this aircraft is proving impossible. The Bravo throttle unit has built in reversers either using the reversers on the throttles (as in real aircraft) or a detent. I have tried numerous settings but none seem to work and guessing that the problem lies within coding of the a/c not recognizing the Bravo throttles? *-)

I will keep trying but slowly losing patience which is not like me! When configuring in the a/c it does not seem to pick up the revers thrust, I have even tried using the set up I have on the A300-neo in which the throttles and reversers work flawlessly yet step into the A310-300 with the same settings as the A300-neo then it does not work!!

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Absolutely, from what I’ve seen and read, this has been a labour of love, so I’ve high hopes for it.

WOW Ben, brilliant find. Now that is the type of cockpit that suits me perfectly, will you be going for it when released? :welldone:

Regards
Nigel.
[/quote]

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Have you read this post from Inibuilds forum Nigel?
https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5972- ... throttles/
May be some help for you there
Dale
Image Image Image