QualityWings BAE/Avro Jets Question Please

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

QualityWings BAE/Avro Jets Question Please

Post by Aharon »

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Hope all of you had great Christmas and Boxing Day!

Made first QualityWings BAE146/Avro jet flight wooo woooo

Take off and climb to FL280 consumed 15 percent of fuel. Is that normal or should I improve fuel efficiency for take off and climb????

Regards,

Aharon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Re: QualityWings BAE/Avro Jets Question Please

Post by adysmith »

Not sure quite how you would improve fuel efficiency in the take off and climb phase.

I presume you are operating in VNAV mode as soon as possible after take off?

Are you using the TRP panel to reduce thrust limit after take off?
Generally I start reducing from MAX as soon as gear is up, further reduction at flap retract and again when above MSA.
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Adrian,

Thanks for your kind reply. Did not realize you are official fleet manager of the Cbfsim virtual airline!!!!!

Somebody told me I did the right thing so I guess the 15 percent fuel consumption was normal for take off and climb to FL280. Somebody said "Usually airlines would use high speed climb. so 280 kts until you are at mach 0.66 (some used 68) and only use climb max if Vertical speed drops below 1000 feet per minute. So from 1000/1500 (depends on noise abatement procedure you are doing) you will be on climb normal."

Nice to meet you on CBFSIM!!

Does your Cbfsim virtual airline have any BAE-146 jets and AVRO RJ70/RJ85/RJ100 jet routes?? I looked at all CBFSIM virtual airline routes in your VA schedule database and do not see any single flight by those aircraft types mentioned above.

Regards,

Aharon

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

Unfortunately the VA route pages are not functioning correctly, they will only show a couple of routes when there are actually many.

FL280 was about the service ceiling for the BA46/RJ series, they ran out of climb performance above that.

Out of interest are you using the BA46 (if so which version, -100, -200 or -300) or are you using the RJ, in which case which version?

I will be flying one of our RJ85s from Manchester to Guernsey and back this afternoon, and a RJ100 Manchester to Heathrow and back next week.
(I struggle to get my head around the FMC in the 146, but the RJ I can understand)
ImageImage

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

I flew the RJ85 today, close to max ZFW and 6 Tonnes of fuel.

Used 1100Kg climbing to FL240 if that helps as a weasure.

I have accepted your VA Pilot application, just need to get you some type ratings now :)
ImageImage

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

With this resurgence of interest in the 146/Avro RJ, I'm wondering if any of the following may be of interest/use.

1. Back in the early 2000s I used to regularly release real-world plans for flight sim. One of these releases was 115 Regional Jet plans of which 57 were for 146/ Avro RJ flights. Surprisingly, they're still available from AVSIM.com - here's the link https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.ph ... &fid=59305 but if that doesn't work just go to the Avsim file library and use the search term Pete Pitman.

They're standard MS .pln format so should work with any GPS/FMC that can accept this format. Although some of the routes may have changed in the intervening years, all the waypoint lat/lons are contained within the plan so you can fly the routes actually used by the 146/ARJs.

2. Here's a couple of actual flight profiles (I think I got them for Toby) and a performance chart which for the life of me I can't recall where it came from.

3. A photo of the prototype at Paris during one of its early proving flights complete with a youg PeteP at the top of the steps - my hair and beard are most certainly not that colour any more and there's no way I'd fit into that jacket these days! If I recall, the flight was EGGLL - LFPG - EHAM - EGLL.

Pete

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

adysmith wrote:
29 Dec 2022, 10:10
Out of interest are you using the BA46 (if so which version, -100, -200 or -300) or are you using the RJ, in which case which version?
Adysmith,

Thanks for your kind answers. I have QualkityWings BAE146-100, -200, and -300 as well as Avro RJ70/RJ75/RJ100.

My first flight was abroad RJ100 which worked well based on this strict performance: FL280 CRUISE, IAS = 280, MACH = 0.70, GS = 421, N1 = 87.0%, EGT = 517, N2 = 88.0%, F/F = 1,000 LBS (42,) and AI PITCH = +2* (degrees)

Fuel consumption during 75 minute cruising from EFHK to EFRO was reasonable, plausible, and normal but I am really curious to know if 15 percent fuel consumed during take off and climb was normal or not.

And all I am interested is to enjoy utilizing my QualityWing BAE146/Avro jets to recreate historic routes out of and into England as well as historic Blue1 routes within Finland.

It is too bad that the CBFSIM va schedule database using the link that late DaveB was kind enough to give to me for my aviation history research and study purposes do not contain all info considering the fact I find the link very useful especially it has ability to sort out in nautical mile order from short to long.

Regards,

Aharon

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

PeteP wrote:
29 Dec 2022, 16:27
With this resurgence of interest in the 146/Avro RJ, I'm wondering if any of the following may be of interest/use.
I have confession for you, Pete FOUR YEARS AGO, I bought QualityWings 146/Avro RJ for sale price of 15 bucks for entire package of six different model bases which represented the bargain price of about 3 bucks per each moel base but I was afraid for past ENTIRE FOUR YEARS to install the package and use it because I heard that it was difficult and too complex to fly it. However, this month, I mustered my courage to install it and was very surprised to find myself being manage to operate and fly this complex plane with more complex cockpit panel!! Now I feel encouraged and more confident to be able to recreate more historic routes!!
PeteP wrote:
I used to regularly release real-world plans for flight sim. One of these releases was 115 Regional Jet plans of which 57 were for 146/ Avro RJ flights.
Thank you so much for rich history of historic routes by 146/Avro jets. I find those useful and wish there is MORE comprehensive history of all historic routes of 146/Avro jets out of and into England as well as within England and Scotland plus all Blue1 historic routes by same jet type. Also within New Zealand via Air New Zealand

PeteP wrote:
A photo of the prototype at Paris during one of its early proving flights complete with a youg PeteP at the top of the steps - my hair and beard are most certainly not that colour any more and there's no way I'd fit into that jacket these days! If I recall, the flight was EGGLL - LFPG - EHAM - EGLL.
That is AMAZING and I plan to recreate a Dan Air route by those specific jet types mentioned above. Many thanks for the cool charts and that is AMAZING photo that you posted!!!!

You were a BAE146 jet pilot??????????

Regards,

Aharon

PeteP
Concorde
Concorde

Post by PeteP »

No but my late father-in-law was a pilot at Hatfield (mostly on HS 125 deliveries) and, after the mandatory pilot retirement age of 60, the ops officer there which is how I got the trip.
P.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

PeteP wrote:
30 Dec 2022, 16:45
No but my late father-in-law was a pilot at Hatfield (mostly on HS 125 deliveries) and, after the mandatory pilot retirement age of 60, the ops officer there which is how I got the trip.
P.
Very cool facts

Regards,

Aharon