TACAN on Little Nav Map

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

TACAN on Little Nav Map

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

I was doing some testing on a TACAN unit tonight (or at least that was my plan) but LNM for whatever reason is not displaying TACANS, as though they have been wiped out. They are enabled in the view options but there are none on the map. I'm using LNM 2.8.8 and the current version of MSFS. I feel that there's something stupid that I'm missing, but can't for the life of me work it out.

Can anyone help?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: TACAN on Little Nav Map

Post by Paul K »

This might be the same problem as you had before, but in reverse. Try going to the drop-down menu Scenery Library/Navigraph-AIRAC Cycle 1801. If you have "Do not use Navigraph database" selected, change it to "Use Navigraph for Navaids and Procedures". A lot of the VORs and DMEs will change to TACANS, and some will appear where there was nothing before. The sim will continue to use its own database while in the game, however - unless something's changed with the latest version of LNM, or you have a Navigraph subscription.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: TACAN on Little Nav Map

Post by TSR2 »

Thanks Paul! That will be it. I’m in the office today, but I remember you talking me through that before. Many thanks matey 👍
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage