HS 146.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

HS 146.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Don't ask why but decided to video my turn and approach to land at East Midlands Airport. :worried: Watching the replay it is nothing like those who send in their clips i.e. quality which this does not have the video itself appears to be 2nd rate on that score. Also find that whatever I fly in MS2020 there is constant movement of the aircraft, is that related to wind as you will see my rate of descent on the glide path is slightly up then down and rate of descent increases and decreases when I have not put any input on the controls bar to correct an unsteady approach, not of my making?:worried:

I know when I used to fly there was a certain amount of correcting on the controls but this was insane!! :doh:

Finally, where the hell do you allow comments on YouTube or is it best to leave them off?? :dunno:

Only around 6-7 minutes of pure boredom :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4769Rsc81Y

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: HS 146.

Post by TSR2 »

Enjoyed that Nigel, thanks. 👍 You didn’t seem to be making many throttle changes on approach? How are you finding the 146?
It’s funny watching others fly an aircraft I fly a lot. I can’t stick the tablet thing, so as soon as I remove the chocks its hidden 😂
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben and many thanks for your kind comments. I'm afraid I was too occupied watching the ILS and later realised on watching the video that my speed had deteriorated very badly. There was around 17 or 18kts of wind on approach and I wanted to avoid chasing the throttle all the way down. Ideally I should not have let the speed drop below 140kts and really kept it at around 150.

I am getting used to the 146 though still have a long way to go especially starting from cold and dark, it is a great aircraft to fly hands on which I tend to do as I pick up the ILS. Did not know the tablet can be thrown away after start up so may well do that myself!! :lol:

Do you do the whole checklist before starting or do as I do most times and give up then pass on the start up to the co-pilot? i.e. automatic start? Cheating but I can't help myself so much to do in so little time!

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Which software did you use, Nigel ? Shadowplay ? I’ve been thinking of doing similar for a long time.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nigel, I’ve been flying the 146 since FS9 and the BAe panel project, with Jon’s excellent 146 so I can do it blindfolded 😂 It’s testament to how accurate his panels and manuals were.

Manually obviously. I don’t use the FMC, I really need to read up on how to use one.

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Which software did you use, Nigel ? Shadowplay ? I’ve been thinking of doing similar for a long time.
Hi Paul, :hello: I use OBS Studio for video recordings and find that it is a brilliant piece of software and above all.....It is free!!

Once downloaded and installed go to Tools then Auto-configuration wizard where it will ask you a few questions.

Before recording, at the bottom you should see Sources click the + button next to the bin then select from the list which you want in this case it will be Game Capture before recording make sure you have selected form the Controls Start Recording and Stop, if you are really brave enough you could consider live Streaming!! :lol:

Any problems then let me know!! ;)

https://obsproject.com/download
Hi Nigel, I’ve been flying the 146 since FS9 and the BAe panel project, with Jon’s excellent 146 so I can do it blindfolded 😂 It’s testament to how accurate his panels and manuals were.

Manually obviously. I don’t use the FMC, I really need to read up on how to use one.
Wow Ben, no good in me giving you any advice then!! :lol: It will certainly take me some time to go through all the videos of the 146 so as to understand fully how the cockpit works, no wonder they term it study level. With aircraft such as the B727 I can go cold and dark to take-off without the need for manuals but the Just Flight 146 is slightly more complicated!! :lol: I never have been a fan of FMC's much preferring navigating VOR/DME as well as ADF's, hence flying the B727 in X-Plane though would now prefer to have it in MS2020. I can load a basic flight plan but call a halt to inputting fuel/departure runway etc etc. If I do load a plan then all the FMC will do is navigate leaving me to decide when to descend and put in the ILS before landing then select approach on the auto-pilot. :$

If I get stuck somewhere I 'll give you a call! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks very much for the advice, Nigel. I like these open source utilities. I shall go and grab OBS Studio.

EDIT: It's on Steam! How very convenient. :thumbsup:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Great, let me know how you get on Paul. :thumbsup:

Ben, if you happen to pass by I am having one hell of a time keeping the engines running whilst stood on the ground, keep stopping!! Have not been able to find the problem!! :doh:

Regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Out at the moment Nigel, but make sure you have the 4 electric fuel pumps running, immediately above your head in the over head panel. They are near the bottom (towards the windscreen) on the left hand side. The hydraulic standby pumps should be off, unless its very cold.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Check your control bindings for any default mixture controls Nigel
Dale
Image Image Image