HS 146.

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: HS 146.

Post by TSR2 »

Thinking Dale… 👍if you have a mixture setting (for props etc) make sure its fully open..

Dale, was it always like that? I seem to recall it originally, but thought it had been fixed? I have my mixture mapped to the throttle on the sidewinder, so its left fully open unless I’m flying the BN2
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Out at the moment Nigel, but make sure you have the 4 electric fuel pumps running, immediately above your head in the over head panel. They are near the bottom (towards the windscreen) on the left hand side. The hydraulic standby pumps should be off, unless its very cold.
Thanks Ben, will check it out on the next flight.
Check your control bindings for any default mixture controls Nigel
Dale
Will do that Dale, many thanks.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Nigel,

Beautiful video showing recreation of historic BAE146. Are you flying cargo version of BAE146 considering the fact you flew to the famous British cargo airport?? I do not think BAE146s had Ipads on cockpit panel unless you are using one of present day BAE146 jets (wondering how many BAE146s left still flying in present day with exception of Everts buying three BAE146s for cargo operations in Alaska this year)

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Theres quite a few operating in Australia Aharon in the QT and QC configuration.

Many pilots now use iPads as EFB (electronic flight bag). Personally i dislike them, but they are commonplace. The good thing about the Just Flight model is that you can hide it so that it doesn’t show. 😊

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Aharon yes it was a cargo flight from Bristol Airport, not a very long flight so flew at F/L150 TNT. Many years ago when I was driving for British Sugar I used to pass East Midlands Airport on my way to Ashby-de-la-Zouch Biscuit Factory there (Used to buy a box full of broken biscuits every time and cheap in those days) :lol: On passing the cargo bays I used to enjoy looking at the ABC Aircraft consisting of the Argosy and Vickers Vanguard which are sadly no more but ABC still operates. If your interested:https://www.airbridgecargo.com/en/page/84/our-fleet

Ben, many thanks, I think it is now sorted though will not be until tomorrow when I do the next cold start flight but the more I fly the 146 the more I really enjoy her, not flown any other aircraft to be honest. I just took out the FMC via the i-pad so it is always VOR's now. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TSR2 wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 18:00
Theres quite a few operating in Australia Aharon in the QT and QC configuration.
Thanks for answer

Regards,

Aharon
TSR2 wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 18:00
Many pilots now use iPads as EFB (electronic flight bag).
Yes I know but that depends on which era this original poster is recreating the real world flight. Not sure if he is recreating historic flight from the past before Ipads were invented or he is recreating present day flight where use of Ipads is common

Regards,

Aharon
Nigel H-J wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 18:34
Hi Aharon yes it was a cargo flight from Bristol Airport, not a very long flight so flew at F/L150 TNT.
So you are recreating real world TNT flight. Not sure if TNT BAE146 jets used Ipads or not.

Regards,

Aharon
Nigel H-J wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 18:34
Many years ago when I was driving for British Sugar I used to pass East Midlands Airport on my way to Ashby-de-la-Zouch Biscuit Factory there (Used to buy a box full of broken biscuits every time and cheap in those days) :lol: On passing the cargo bays I used to enjoy looking at the ABC Aircraft consisting of the Argosy and Vickers Vanguard which are sadly no more but ABC still operates. If your interested:https://www.airbridgecargo.com/en/page/84/our-fleet
Thanks for very interesting facts. I can imagine powerful cooking smell from biscuit factory.

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

With the JF146, you need to use the IPad to remove the chocks. After that, you can hide it and it doesn’t appear. Its a model for all generations 😁

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

I wonder how JF BAE146 compares to Quality Wings BAE146. I am very happy with Quality Wings BAE146 package which includes six model bases of BAE 146 and Avro RJ jets but lacks cargo version that JF has.

Regards,

Aharon

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I have the QW146 and really liked it. I bought the JF one for P3D, because, like you I wanted the freighter. I have to say the current MSFS JF model is superb. I’m really happy with it and it’s a great implementation. I’ve been really impressed with the attention to detail. :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

TSR2 wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 21:55
I have the QW146 and really liked it. I bought the JF one for P3D, because, like you I wanted the freighter. I have to say the current MSFS JF model is superb. I’m really happy with it and it’s a great implementation. I’ve been really impressed with the attention to detail. :thumbsup:
Thanks for interesting answers. Is starting engines for JF BAE146 as easy as for QW model bases?

Regards,

Aharon